cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data and battery drain

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has issue with GS2 on mon, it jammed itself on flight mode. having switched phone off and back on again I thought had been resolved, until the early hours of this morning 3am I received a text from O2 advising I was close to using my data allowance. 4.30am received another text telling me I'd used all my data. (I read these texts when I woke up this morning). Having checked my phone and what apps where running, it was clear that for whatever reason every app had been eating data since I switched my phone back on Monday (60hrs)
I manually stopped every app and went to work. While on my lunch break Is tried to use my phone to find the battery was almost dead and my phone was hot to touch. Having checked the running apps again, everyone had returned to be running dispite me not even opening them and I keep the background receiving info unchecked to save data and battery.
Please can you shed some light? I have never used all my data, and I should have another ten days left before my next allowance. I don't want this to continue to happen. I'm also really cheesed off 😞
I have also heard that a few of my friends experienced various issues with their phones last night
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Download Kies firmware and follow the instructions. First time back up may take a while but will store everything on your PC for you. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Have you added any new apps or updated any just prior to the issue? I'd say the easiest way of isolating the issue is to do a factory reset but you will lose any personal data on the phone so back it up first. It's also worth checking for any software updates by connecting phone to Kies.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
No recent new apps/updates. Phone had been on silent in bag all day while at funeral. Is it easy to back phone up? What sort of personal data will I loose? Are they able to do this store?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Download Kies firmware and follow the instructions. First time back up may take a while but will store everything on your PC for you. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, thanks for your help. Hopefully able to do this tomorrow
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Let us know how you get on with it.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6