cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 days on from using iOS7.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like many iPhone users I updated from iOS6 to iOS7 on the 18th of September 2013.

After watching the blogs and reading updates from people with Apple Developer Accounts reporting back on the Beta versions things started to get really exciting.

Now I've been using iOS7 for 15 days I can say that even though the flat App icons took some getting used to, their has been leaps and bounds in what the new Ui brings to my iPhone 5.

Its just so much more fluid !

The way you are no longer restricted to opening the iPhone on the swipe banner, but can now swipe wherever on the screen, and how the apps spread onto the springboard just looks class and polished.

New features such as unlimited tabs in Safari, the way you can swipe to close them down and how you can now swipe from one page to another just makes safari much more of a pleasure to use and I'm sad to say Google chrome hasn't been launched since !

The Control Centre Apple have introduced is in my opinion born from a tweak I've used called NC Settings , but it does bring so much usefulness to the everyday use of the iPhone.

Hopefully Apple may allow some form of settings to add or remove what you use daily. ie : I would like the option to turn off 3G as a toggle in the Control Centre

The App switcher is so much more friendly than the small tile we used to get in iOS6, and just makes it easier to navigate around.

The new folder layout is nice that you can now have multiple pages, although I would prefer more than 9 apps per page. 

For me the pull down Notification Screen is more user friendly with the Today, All and Missed optional tabs to choose from. Its a nice touch the way the Weather is written too.

Although I've not had the need to properly make use of the caller blocking facility of inbound calls and texts , its a long overdue addition to the iPhone. I did try it on my partners number and forgot I had blocked her. I wasn't a popular person for a while slight_frown

One important part of iOS7 for me is the new included security feature of someone not being able to restore a found / stolen iPhone and use it themselves as the original Apple i.d is required. Seems the American government pushing Apple over the amount of thefts of the iPhone made them sit up and take note !

After noticing the extra battery drain I put together a thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iOS-7-Battery-Saving-Tips/m-p/530730/high... what I have done to help conserve battery drain, which in my opinion does not hinder the everyday use of my iPhone but instead turns off a lot of the eye candy iOS7 brings with it.

I now get a full day's usage out of my iPhone like I did with iOS6.

The new addition where you can now see what data is being used and by what App is a great way of seeing where all that data is being used, and is a massive step forward for users.

I also like the way the photo app has been changed to allow all sorts of configurations.

I do not like the way the Calendar and Reminder App functions have been altered, but maybe I'm still adjusting to how they now operate.

Siri is now out of Beta and in my view is much more snappier and brings back better responses. However I would like the option to have a Uk female voice as an option.

Many adopters of iOS7 have reported some teething issues which I see myself as lucky to not have had to endure. Issues such as iMessage problems and network connectivity issues etc.

Seems Apple has taken note and is in the middle of releasing patches in the near future.

Now we are on iOS 7.0.2 to combat bugs with iOS 7.1 looming lets see what it brings.

Many reports have surfaced on people getting motion sickness due to the new animations of iOS7 ,which I'm glad to say has not affected me !

I would have liked to see Apple not stop signing off iOS6 so quickly so users who decided they preferred iOS6 better could downgrade back. Typical to form Apple are quick to close that door.

I also submit quite a few of these features have been on Android platforms for quite a while and am happy that Apple have taken note and adopted some of these very everyday useful features.

As always I'm keen to hear your thought on what iOS7 has brought to your world wether it be good or bad !

How is it behaving on your iPhone, iPodTouch or iPad ?

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0