cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaced Xperia Z1 with a Lesser Value phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Is it right that after I got my Xperia Z1 replaced, (due to its lack of water proofness) I recieved a Z1 Compact, supposedly due to a lack of Z1 in stock.

I signed for the phone at the time, but later realising that the £600 phone I have been and continue to pay off has been replaced with a £379.99 phone, this somehow doesnt seem fair.

I was not informed of this change until I went to collect the swapped phone at store, and considering I was using a loan phone (Nokia 206) I was just glad to join the 21st century again.

Is it right that this can be done, as it feels like Ive been a little hard done by on this

Any advice would be appreciated

Adam

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

If the contract is a regular one then the handset cost is factored in to the monthly payment so you could argue that the OP is being overcharged.

If refresh he must surely be due a refund on the handset portion.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 11 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
I wouldn't be happy either, but then again, I wouldn't have accepted it in the first place.
If it was refused at the time you stand a good chance of getting the same phone as you're paying for but I don't know where you'd stand now having accepted a different phone already.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Not in my opinion. Why should they think a phone costing £200 less is an acceptable replacement whlst still expecting the same payment.

I'm agreeing. 

You wound think the t&c would add that at similar value and spec

Don't know

Message 13 of 22

jonsie
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

My thoughts exactly. There would be an official complaint lodged straight away.

Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers for all of the comments

Im definitly gonna make a complaint as soon as possible, especially now the replacement phone is faulty as its not charging.

I Understand what people are saying about similar specs, but the large screen was a feature I wanted (As im a photographer) I will see what I can arrange in the store

Message 15 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 124283 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

So now you have more than one reason to complain (with the replacement phone being faulty)

Make sure any further replacement is up to the value of your initial phone. Good luck

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

The closest spec phone to the xperia z1 is the xperia z2, seriously the hardware difference is about 10% cpu and 3gb ram.
The difference between z1 and z1 compact is screen resolution as well as size 1080p vs 720p, considering the screen is the most expensive item on the z1, I would never have accepted that handset.

Message 17 of 22

jonsie
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Yes it's a pity that the op accepted the handset but let's hope his complaint is upheld and treated accordingly.

Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is still ongoing, and am stuck in a situation, the replacement phone was another Xperia Z1 Compact (3rd Handset) and I have tried making a complaint and have been palmed off.

As it stands now, they should have replaced it with a phone in the same price bracket, I was not explained this nor was I explained that my phone plan couldnt be changed when I originally accepted the Z1 Compact, and since I wasnt informed of the change until I was in the store, it wasnt enough time for me to make an informed decision, seems like a bully tactic really.

So Im lumped now with a phone thats worth significantly less that what I wanted, I cant change the price im paying and to make maters worse, the 3rd device is now starting to play up, not charging and intermittently loops during startup.

Im not impressed with these phones at all and seemingly I cant get rid of it

Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I hoped this would be resolved mutually to a reasonable outcome for all involved. 😞

You say this is still ongoing ~ are you waiting of another update ?

I suppose one avenue is to sell that phone once it's working as it should and use the funds to buy a phone you want, although in all fairness you shouldn't have to do that.

😞
Message 20 of 22