cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z3 Black Screen Of Death (TWICE!!!)

Jenks
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey guys,

I purchased the Xperia Z3 about a month ago... the phone was brilliant until about 3 days of use the phone went black and i could still use to touch screen and hear all the sound effects but there was no image on the screen other than a backlight. So i got the phone replaced and hoped it was just a faulty unit. However after using the replacment phone for about a month the exact same thing happened on sunday! i have tried factory reset and still no luck.  I have now got another brand new replacement coming from my phone company due to them believing it may have been a bad batch of phones.

I was just wondering if anyone has had this issue and knows a reason why this is happening? i do remember turning on some sort of screen optimization setting a day before this issue happened on both occations... could it be a software issue causing the hardware to fail??

I want answers because if this happens for a third time I will seriously have to consider never buying a sony product again. Very frustrating

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Never had this issue with mine. Sorry.
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93321 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Are you sure this isn't an app causing the problem? I'm not sure of the faulty batch theory....

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Install your apps one at a time when you get your replacement to see if there is an app conflicting with the screen.

Not heard of this happening with the Z3 mind so it's a new one on me.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
Mine still going strong with no hint of screen issues.
Battery saving apps can give this kind of issue tho.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8

Jenks
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i hadnt installed anything new as far as i was aware
Message 6 of 8

Jenks
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i will be careful what apps i install on the new one based on the responses here

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
I just think you must be very unlucky.
Fingers crossed for the new one slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 8