Android pie and one UI update for galaxy note 9
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Typhoon1944
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's good news.  Hopefully they've made good on their promise to bring APTX Adaptive to the handset.  However, as much as I appreciate the need for rigorous impact testing it should not take over a year from the intial release date of Pie to actually get it on a flagship handset (I realise the Note 9 was only released in August but still).  I'm pretty sure those users who have rooted their devices and have been on Pie for months have not experienced any adverse effects. 

Message 11 of 58

Wezzyd
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes this is excellent news, been waiting impatiently lol. Are we any nearer? Keep checking my phone hourly

Message 12 of 58

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I have s9+ from o2 a d have the pie update
Message 13 of 58

RL1502
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do we have any update on this? i see that Samsung are rolling out the CSA2 build to unlocked versions in the UK, i was under the assumption that 02 used unlocked builds on their contract phones? but still no update as of yet. Any update would be great.

Message 14 of 58

danetweedale
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Do you have the official Pie update or the Beta?
Message 15 of 58

danetweedale
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It is quite poor that it is the 28th January and we have had to wait so long for a major update given that 30+ countries have already recieved it. It just shows how fragmented Android still is.
Message 16 of 58

Matty8787
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It is not android that is fragmented as most other devices are on Pie now.

Samsung on the other hand...
Message 17 of 58

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Wezzyd @RL1502 @danetweedale @Matty8787

I've not had any further update since the one I posted last Thursday but I will share any new info I get here slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 58

RL1502
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, its just you said in that post that we should have it 'in the next couple of days' which i was assuming would be 2 days. So i was expecting it before now really. Its disheartening seeing the people with the S9 and S9+ recieve this before people who have bought a £1100 handset considering this was supposed to be Samsungs flagship of 2018 and winning phone of the year etc. Strange really...

Message 19 of 58

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@RL1502 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, its just you said in that post that we should have it 'in the next couple of days' which i was assuming would be 2 days. So i was expecting it before now really. Its disheartening seeing the people with the S9 and S9+ recieve this before people who have bought a £1100 handset considering this was supposed to be Samsungs flagship of 2018 and winning phone of the year etc. Strange really...

@RL1502 I understand you're very excited to get it, and I just got a confirmation that the update went live last week for the S9, S9+ and Note9. However the update is rolled out in batches to the devices which is why some might have to wait a few days.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 58