Android pie and one UI update for galaxy note 9
Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

RL1502
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I haven't seen anyone on any of the forums (and I am following most of them) with a note 9 say they've received the 02 version of the note 9 one ui firmware yet. I've only seen unlocked note 9s and I was told earlier by 02 that all their phones have carrier locked firmware. So I dont think they have actually rolled it out for us yet just the s9. I know your doing your best and I'm not griping at you at all. I'm just being a voice for the 100s of tech fanatics like myself that love to have the latest software and have spent 1000s on handsets just to be last in line for the updates. We didn't get the beta but the s9 did and now were having to wait again while my wife who could care less is enjoying the new software on her s9.
Message 21 of 58

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@RL1502 I'll pass on your comments, and be sure that if I get any further info or update I'll let you guys know! thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 22 of 58

DaPiranha
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I fully support and agree with everything you have said. I have heard from no one on o2 with a note 9 that has received the update as of yet. Hopefully it will come soon.

Message 23 of 58

danetweedale
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@RL1502 @EmilieT it is appreciated the updates you are giving however as others have said if a note 9 was purchased from Samsung and had the BTU csc then we would have an update and still be using the O2 network and still utilising all the features. Correct me if I'm wrong but aside from O2 Preinstalling 3 apps on the phone there shouldnt be much difference.
Message 24 of 58

GeoffHemingway
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For some reason I was checking my Note 9 at about 10pm (28/01/2019) and found the Pie update waiting to be downloaded! I haven't yet as I want to back my phone up before doing it and I'm in work on the night shift.

I'll certainly do it as soon as I get home though!

Everyone go check their phone!!! 

Message 25 of 58

danetweedale
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@GeoffHemingwah nothing available on mine yet. You must be a lucky one
Message 26 of 58

GeoffHemingway
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did it - I really like the new look and it's much easier to navigate with one hand. Some of the animations are nice too - like when you put it on your wireless charger it's a really cool kind of splash effect. 

The new ' Dark mode' is really good - I like the style of it, now I'll have to see how much longer my battery lasts!

Message 27 of 58

GeoffHemingway
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah - I'm normally one of the last!

Message 28 of 58

danetweedale
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@GeoffHemingway did you get your phone through O2 or did you purchase from Samsung?
Message 29 of 58

GeoffHemingway
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I got mine from mobile phones direct and its on an O2 contract. I got it in November. I did have to manually check for software updates to get the download even though the phone was set to automatically update, but I've had that before on other phones.
Message 30 of 58