cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JellyBean roll out Xperia S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sony mobile have confirmed the roll out of JellyBean has started for the Xperia S.

Although I should imagine it'll be a while before O2 customers see it, the ball is rolling!

Personally can't wait for the ftf to appear on certain websites so i can try it!

A plea to MI5 etc, those websites you use to see what firmware has been released on what networks/regions etc.... you don't happen to know the Sony one do you??

Regards

Gillsfankev

Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks for letting me know so quick I take it O2 are still dragging their heels?
Message 61 of 121

alex_ncfc85
  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After having JB since the back end of last week, I am now starting to wonder if the wait was worth it - and I am 50/50 as to whether I wish I'd stayed with ICS!

There are some major bugs in this firmware which I hope are resolved:

- data on 2G, might as well not even bother. I had full signal bars and a "G" yet nothing was working whatsoever. I find it's always been pretty bad on this phone and my last phone (X10) but nothing was loading at all!

- the very much mentioned 1080p video bug

- the volume-up key will randomly stop working and won't start working until you reboot

- apparently paid-app widgets will not stay on the home screen after reboot. A known issue with 4.1.2 - so why can't Sony give us 4.2.2?

- the notification LED is white for everything

- not strictly a bug as such, but battery drain is dreadful

- another annoyance is the phone takes about 30 seconds to shut down now - annoying if you want to restart

Things I *do* like about the JB ROM are its overall speed - pressing an app icon seems to launch it instantly, and I also like some of the user interface improvements.

So just a few warnings there. I think if I could go back to ICS and wait longer I would.

Message 62 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Definitely not for me, not ran into any of those bugs, if anything my battery life with the extended rates mode on is way better, currently have 50% left after 15 hrs live B-)
Message 63 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting you mention all the bugs your having Alex. I think everyone is experience different one.  I am having the white led notification, battery drain (though can get two days out of one charge still) and the hd camera lag but that's it. Strange everyone who has done the upgrade early is experiencing different things

Message 64 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like the update has finally arrived for O2 branded phones! PC Companion is busy downloading as I type.

Message 65 of 121

alex_ncfc85
  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting you mention all the bugs your having Alex. I think everyone is experience different one.  I am having the white led notification, battery drain (though can get two days out of one charge still) and the hd camera lag but that's it. Strange everyone who has done the upgrade early is experiencing different things

Yeah it is strange, I am half tempted to completely wipe the phone and try again, or wipe and flash the .211 update.

The volume key bug is hugely annoying, another one is when the LED stays on after removing the charger - who the hell tested this software?! 

I wish there was more documentation and support on the new features - what is the "throw" option when bringing up the menu on pics, videos etc??

Message 66 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks t0m, just backing my phone up then going to wipe it and install JB at last ;0)
Message 67 of 121

blighty59
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you o2, appreciate the better service with this update, keep it up:smileyhappy:

Message 68 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
'Throw' is send to compatible Sony AV stuff
Message 69 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just updated but now my keypress sounds are really loud, anyone else had this? the only way I seem to be able to adjust it is to turn it off or turn the ring volume down

Message 70 of 121