cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JellyBean roll out Xperia S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sony mobile have confirmed the roll out of JellyBean has started for the Xperia S.

Although I should imagine it'll be a while before O2 customers see it, the ball is rolling!

Personally can't wait for the ftf to appear on certain websites so i can try it!

A plea to MI5 etc, those websites you use to see what firmware has been released on what networks/regions etc.... you don't happen to know the Sony one do you??

Regards

Gillsfankev

Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for those two methods guys. But we shouldn't need to resource to things like that should we...come on O2 get ya finger out and give us JB.
Message 31 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 going by many previous updates won't be releasing this until well into autumn. Hell,it took them months to update TuGo and look at the hash they made of that!
Message 32 of 121

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No doubt they'll be testing it for the best possible user experience wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
All their apps work fine with my firmware!
Message 34 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Except TuGo!
Message 35 of 121

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Which doesn't work on any firmware !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

my sister just received the jelly bean update on her sony xperia go which was announced at the end of april and she got it by the end of may. She got a notification on her phone so the update for the xperia s should hopefully be with everyone in 3 weeks...

me and my sister are both with o2

Message 37 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe O2 are going to wait for the next release of JB so some of the bugs have gone... ;0)
Message 38 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe O2 are going to wait for the next release of JB so some of the bugs have gone... ;0)

Doubt it!

Mind you a few things they could look at. 

Battery Life = Horrendous!

Google Maps = Battery Hog

Google Voice = Hit and Miss on recognising voice.

Oh yeah, they only test their apps which all apart from dodgy TuGo work fine. So the bugs that are out there which are already being worked on by the open community will be ironed out very soon. In fact the Locked Bootloader stock version has already been rooted and has CWM available for Custom Roms, perhaps O2 testers should head over to XDA for some help!

Message 39 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be nice for some customer support from O2 on firmware updates. Am very disappointed that they can't just post an ETA on this update hat everyones been waiting for.

Message 40 of 121