cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JellyBean roll out Xperia S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sony mobile have confirmed the roll out of JellyBean has started for the Xperia S.

Although I should imagine it'll be a while before O2 customers see it, the ball is rolling!

Personally can't wait for the ftf to appear on certain websites so i can try it!

A plea to MI5 etc, those websites you use to see what firmware has been released on what networks/regions etc.... you don't happen to know the Sony one do you??

Regards

Gillsfankev

Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing here either 😞

Message 21 of 121

alex_ncfc85
  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone from o2 advise, or is it not network dependent?

Message 22 of 121

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You have been answered, if your phone isn't O2 branded it will come from Sony.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Weirdly though my phone is O2 branded. Only difference on mine is I have rooted it and installed xzx-experience Rom on there which I think is generic firmware created by a frenchman.

As the Jellybean firmware has been released in France I can only assume that's how I got it.

If you head over to xda they have step by step guides on how to do this. I'm not allowed to put it on here how to do it.
Message 24 of 121

blighty59
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Come on o2 leave out all the stuff you do, it will work, update your bit later, let us have the update straight away please slight_smile

Message 25 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
If someone could let us know when they eventually have it. ;0) I'm a bit paranoid that PC Companion doesn't always pick up the updates. I'll probably do a complete wipe and use repair anyway.
Message 26 of 121

alex_ncfc85
  • 34 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Would be nice to hear from O2 on the matter, but as Perksie pointed out above, I have an unbranded phone (my SI number is 1257-3114) and therefore I should/will get it from Sony, but it seems that the UK hasn't been receiving the update yet 😞

Message 27 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to a Guru yesterday and they said that they don't have any new information on the update. He told me to just keep checking for it as it could come out any time.

Message 28 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want Jelly Bean now, follow this method: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_jLwaiGXi0

The update installed without fault and just so you know, my xperia s is an o2 build and of course does not allow the bootloader to be unlocked. It is the official Sony Jelly Bean Firmware and this method to my knowledge does not void your warranty.

Enjoy!

Message 29 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another confirmed way! There are now two ways to bypass the O2 bloatware.

As I mentioned. I got the update the day it was released you just have to go through the back door to get it!

Official Sony Firmware and smooooooth!
Message 30 of 121