cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JellyBean roll out Xperia S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sony mobile have confirmed the roll out of JellyBean has started for the Xperia S.

Although I should imagine it'll be a while before O2 customers see it, the ball is rolling!

Personally can't wait for the ftf to appear on certain websites so i can try it!

A plea to MI5 etc, those websites you use to see what firmware has been released on what networks/regions etc.... you don't happen to know the Sony one do you??

Regards

Gillsfankev

Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's hope Sony has fixed the Jelly bean 4.1.2 security bug that affects Sony Xperia handsets with NFC before rolling this update out.

Message 2 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ooooh, hadn't heard of this,

what's that about then?
Message 3 of 121

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

A plea to MI5 etc, those websites you use to see what firmware has been released on what networks/regions etc.... you don't happen to know the Sony one do you??

Keep your eye on sonymobile.com/updates http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/03/28/kicking-off-sony-software-upgrade-including-uplift-to-jelly-bean-android-4-1-for-2012-xperia-smartphones/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers mate!
Message 5 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ooooh, hadn't heard of this,

what's that about then?

Bypass any of the screen locks bug & allow full access to the handset.

Only seems to work on Xperia handsets with NFC fitted & running Jellybean 4.1.2.

Part of the flaw is also in other Xperia handsets ( including my Arc S running ICS 4.0.4 ) but without NFC function on the phone you can't gain access to the other handset functions or user data.

Message 6 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thnx 4 info guys.
Message 7 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are there any sites running an SI number list we should be keeping an eye on, these seem to be the determining factor in update availability.
Message 8 of 121

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
This is all I've seen Sony release http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/software/phones/xperia-s/ but some of the independent blogging sites sometimes have more detail.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like Sony has delayed the rollout again! Mid June is the next best guess coming from those in the know.
Message 10 of 121