cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One X has died and won't charge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet again, another problem with my HTC One X. When new, it began to overheat and then died. Lost pictures of newborn baby and all the congratulation messages from friends and family. "You should have backed it all up!" I hear you cry. Have any of you had a baby? Then you'll know how much time you have when you have a newborn to sit around transferring stuff from phone to laptop, and my wi-fi reception was so bad on this phone that Dropbox only managed to get about two of the photos.

Sent for repair, and three weeks later was sent a new unit as the old one was un-saveable. A bit more than a year later, it has died and will not charge. The charger was never a snug fit anyway, and resorted to using my old Desire HD charger. In fact i resorted to using my desire HD and sill am using it as the One X is dead and HTC won't repair for free as I had the screen replaced by a 'non-approved' repaoir centre, ie one that charged £65 instead of tthe £120+ I was quoted at an 'approved' repair centre. My fault I suppose. Now Desire HD is starting to go a bit too. Shame, as I like the look of the new One, but there's no way after this piece of sh*t that I'd trust HTC. Their repair centre is also awful, as is their customer service. God forbid, I may actually have to cave in and get an iPhone, much as I don't want to. O2, shame on you for giving your customers such a poor phone.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

O2, shame on you for giving your customers such a poor phone.

Pity about the problem but O2 don't make the phones and these problems could happen with any of them, even an iPhone.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe you should yield to the dark side and come over to the Apple brand and iPhone.

Clearly you've lost faith in HTC.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't listen to Bob he is biased wink
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who me........... Never.

Whistle

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
HTC One is one the best phone you'll ever buy - Of course, no phones like been dropped and bashed about unless you specifically go for the JCB builders phone wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6