cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid Question Time...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here we go...

When I 'bought' my Samsung S3 I took the media card out of my Blackberry and inserted it in the S3, so I still had all my pics and sounds.

Then I start taking pics (and making sounds) on my S3. Are these going onto my media card or are they separate? i.e a part of my S3? If so, can I transfer them to the media card?

Also, off at a tangent... since I downloaded an upgarde for my phone a couple of weeks ago, everything seems to have gone haywire. The text indicator rings when there is no text, the wi-fi switches on and off of its own accord (ignoring my settings) and the access to messages is now so messy. 

All this is intermittent, but damn annoying.

Oh and a Happy New Year to you all!   :~)

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144392 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
My guide here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/How-To-Reset-your-Samsung-after-a-Firm...
Come back if you are still having problems after doing this.
Your S3 should automatically detect the SD card and save your photo's & vids to it but you can check the location of saved items in "File Manager".
There is a wifi bug in 4.3 that I'm looking into at the moment....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

About the update, I recommend resetting your phone and it all should be back to normal.
If you look for the guide how to do it in the search section, posted by MI5, tells you how to do it step by step slight_smile
Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 144392 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
My guide here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/How-To-Reset-your-Samsung-after-a-Firm...
Come back if you are still having problems after doing this.
Your S3 should automatically detect the SD card and save your photo's & vids to it but you can check the location of saved items in "File Manager".
There is a wifi bug in 4.3 that I'm looking into at the moment....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 15

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

By default all photos and sounds should go to the memory card however you would need to access the cameras settings and see where the default storage is set to.

As for the upgrade, I agree - a reset sounds like the best course of action.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again

Many thanks for your responses. However, I am not a techno, not by any stretch (don't even know what is/or use Kies.... and the thought of following instructions kindly supplied then getting halfway through only to find my screen 'speaks' differently to what you advise frightens me. It has happened so many times on PC malfunctions.

My main concern is losing pics and sounds. I have now transferred them all 'manually' off my device onto my SD. So, if I do proceed with the reboot, I presume by removing my SD first I would then be safe?

Sorry about this, but you are dealing with someone who has just stopped using the abbacus.... :~(

Message 5 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Resetting the phone will not affect the SD card so it doesn't matter if it's in or not.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again

Well, I really didn't have the nerve to try a re-boot myself, so I booked an appointment with 02 Guru in town and they fixed it for me. Everything safe and sound.
I think.....

It works much better, except that every so often I get this really loud, intrusive Japanglish voice telling me that 'we are unable to establish a network connection' or, even worse still 'we are unable to find the music you requested ' (!!!!???).

I have all my notifications (GPS, network, etc ) turned off, I don't play music on my phone, so why is it doing this to me?

Love and peace

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144392 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Sounds like you might have "Talkback" turned on in Accessibility settings.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

How to turn off Talkback:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Talkback shows as 'off'

What about the 'settings' which show across the bottom? This brings up another selection.....

such as 'Speak notifications when sc.....'

Aaargh!

Message 10 of 15