cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s4 mini sound problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I make a call to any number, I can't hear them and they can't hear me... Its only a week old and just started doing this yesterday.... Can anyone help me please.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

What does the service status say for your postcode or area.

http://status.o2.co.uk

Remove your sim and wipe it down which can help.

Switch to 2g in your settings which may help.

You can take it back if faulty within 14 working days of signing and receiving / picking the phone up from the shop for a replacement.
If it's hardware or software failure.

Before you do try a soft reset or possibly a hard reset to see if this cures it.

Do a back up first as a hard reset deletes data.

http://www.full-reset.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-mini-i9190-hard-reset.html
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had this same issue 3 times (once with my first S4 and now twice with my second). Why can't anyone come up with a simple solution? It's clearly a software issue. Having done a hardware test (*#0*#) the receiver works fine. Why can't O2 or Samsung release an OTA update to tackle this? I'm getting fed up of being without my phone for 4 days at a time while it gets checked over. 

Message 3 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

If it was a major firmware issue it would be fixed.
Are you on the latest firmware...?

There was an update recently which may help....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 20

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Latest one was a couple of days ago.

Build number JDQ39.I9195XXUBMJ7

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I updated my firmware right after the sound issue occurred on Sunday morning and it didn't solve anything. I'm about ready to give up on the S4 and/or O2, since they don't seem to know what the issue is. When I sent the phone back for repair, the repair note came back saying they had just updated the software (which never solved the issue for me) but when I spoke to tech support (twice) they couldn't walk me through what they did and instead want to take the phone away for 4 days again to solve the problem.

Message 6 of 20

MI5
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
After 3 failed repair attempts they will replace the phone.
Might be best just to go through that process to get a new one.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

The phone has already been replaced once and I have had the same issue on both phones.

Message 8 of 20

MI5
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
You've not got it in a case or got some screen protector on it have you?
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, no case or protective screen at all. I've tried removing the sim card, formatting the phone, updating the firmware, running soundabout, I've also gone through the test procedure and the receiver works fine in there (which indicates it's a signal/software issue and not a hardware problem). 

Message 10 of 20