cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s4 mini sound problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I make a call to any number, I can't hear them and they can't hear me... Its only a week old and just started doing this yesterday.... Can anyone help me please.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Could be a signal issue. Any reports of work going on in your area? http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've checked over the signal in my area (GU21) and there has not been any work going on. When speaking to someone in the States, issues like this have been apparent on networks such as Verizon and they have usually had to carry out an update remotely to the phone (sent via text I believe?) to make sure it's connecting to the network properly, but O2 know nothing of this when speaking with them.

Message 12 of 20

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's called re-provisioning, where they disconnect and re-connect your phone to the network.

They aren't fond of doing it though.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 20

jonsie
  • 94421 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions
Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way I can get them to carry it out? As it seems to be the only option I haven't tried.

Message 15 of 20

MI5
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
All you can do is explain the issue, the possible cure, and ask them !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5, I'll give them a try

Message 17 of 20

MI5
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Let us know how you get on.....
Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that was a ball ache. It took me over an hour to get one of the online chat gurus to even realise what I was talking about. When the second guru said he had done it, I was dubious that he even had, since initially the first guru thought re-provisioning was the standard firmware update through kies and the second started out by trying to get me to do a hard reset before I prompted him to find out if he could carry out what I had asked.

He told me it would take 20 minutes and that I need to reset my phone after this time and nothing has happened. 

I'm getting really frustrated with this whole thing. This is the third time I have experienced this with the S4 and it's not doing it's job as a phone. Annoyingly, there's no other phone I want, since they don't offer the upgradeable battery and expandable memory like the S4 does, but I'm at the end of my tether and may consider swapping my phone for something else very soon just to avoid this issue all together. I might also consider swapping my network after the shocking display of service I received today.

Message 19 of 20

MI5
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
You really shouldn't be wasting time with live chat - I'm sure we've said many times to call cs and actually speak to a person. It will be resolved much quicker.
Message 20 of 20