cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 Carrier Unlock won't doesn't prompt for SIM unlock code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya,

I have a Galaxy S4 and was emailed my unlock code to allow me to put any network SIM into the device. I read that if I put a locked SIM into the device it will prompt me for the code however I have tried my wife's EE SIM into the device but I don't get prompted. In  fact it just reports that no SIM is present.

Can anyone advise me please? I have searched everywhere but found nothing.

Cheers,

The Reverend.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

But wouldn't the SIMs work if the phone was already unlocked?

Message 11 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149979 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Yes, assuming the sim card is active....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, its the SIM from my wife's S4! grin

Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe sounds stupid, but in case it is unlock have look into settings and mobile networks if dont have some of those option clicked and not set to automatic?
Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well something odd is happening. I ordered a Vodafone PAYG SIM and an EE PAYG SIM, the Vodafone one works fine in my phone and doesn't prompt for a code and the EE one is reporting No SIM Inserted - Emergency Calls Only.

So it would seem my phone is unlocked but I would have expected it to work on EE as well....?

Any thoughts?

Message 15 of 25

MI5
  • 149979 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Phone is unlocked - That is the only explanation to not getting the unlock code prompt. Must be something wrong with the EE SIM or as it's working in your wife's phone maybe she has a SIM PIN lock enabled ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I guess that's possible but I ordered an EE PAYG SIM that wasn't my wife's and got the same lack of detection.

Very strange. I have ordered a 3 PAYG SIM just to confirm. I want to put a stock unbranded 4.3 ROM on and don't want to risk bricking my phone if it is still locked.

Guess I am just a bit paranoid! grin

Message 17 of 25

MI5
  • 149979 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions
Understandable that you want to be 100% but a voda sim wouldn't work in an O2 locked phone.
Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
This could be one of the cases without solution...
Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Typical I have an exception to the rule wink

So is a stock ROM easy to track down and is it worthwhile or should I just wait for O2 to get things together and push 4.3? 

Message 20 of 25