Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Level 2: Apprentice
Accepted Solution

eSIM finally on the horizon

In the early hours of this morning my iPhone XS Max prompted me to ‘update carrier settings’. It is now on ‘O2 36.2’.

At the same time, I noticed that when going to the Apple Watch app to ‘Set Up Mobile Data’ I was taken to an o2 branded screen that says: “Sorry, we don’t support Apple Watch right now”.

I believe this is a change to the system prompt that wouldn’t let you go any further.

So eSIM and possibly Apple Watch support could be coming soon.
Current, Connected
Level 71: Golden Child

Re: eSIM finally on the horizon

@joeobrien  Our admin @Chris_K would be the person who would know, but don't get your hopes too high.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
O2 Social Media Team

Hey guys,

Sorry for any confusion or excitement caused, but these kinds of carrier updates happen regularly throughout the year and is quite normal. This latest update doesn’t enable eSIM for iPhone. If or when there are any updates to share on this though, we'll let everyone know.

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Anonymous

I didn’t think it was happening & I bet it never does
O2 Social Media Team

@Anonymous wrote:
I didn’t think it was happening & I bet it never does

*cough* Ta-daaaa.... *cough* kissing heart

Topics: 44
Kudos: 220
Solutions: 65

@Chris_Kas o2 are now offering the 4G Apple watch which uses an eSIM how long before the iPhone eSIM gets  rolled out?

iPhone 11 Pro (O2 eSIM,3), Note 10+(EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
O2 Social Media Team

@aldaweb wrote:

@Chris_Kas o2 are now offering the 4G Apple watch which uses an eSIM how long before the iPhone eSIM gets  rolled out?

We are planning to range more eSIM enabled devices on our network but I don't have any ETA to share, and can’t share any further detail at this stage. If or when there's more info to share, I will thumbsup

Level 1: Joiner

This latest update enabled 4g calling on all bands on my iphone
Former Staff

Hey @joeobrien, we've got some good news about eSIM to start the week - you can find out more here Smiley Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 1: Joiner

They are now available I should know as I moved over to an ESIM with o2 on my iPhone XS Max today. Process was very quick!