cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email setup probs on galaxy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a samsung galaxy and can't get onto my email. My broadband provider advised me to ask if POP3 is restricted? I don't think it is. I'm putting in port 110 and other details seem to be correct, but I keep getting message 'unable to connect server'. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Many thanks.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions
Try port 25
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions
Try port 25
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Are u referring to non gmail email???

I know if I log into the default email.app, I just set username and password n that was it.

Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

The default email app should automatically configure the settings by entering just your email address and password. You shouldn't need to manually configure the settings.

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I also am having an identical problem when attempting to retrieve e mails on a nexus. All details are identical to those used for home PC, I Phone, Netbook and I pad. Nexus reports - unable to connect to the server. Anybody out there help?

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to "MI5" Problem went away when I changed the SMTP port to 25. Great stuff.

Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93339 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Glad you got it sorted, one for us to remember for the future:smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 11

womble-wwfc
  • 20 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wish I could get to the part where it asks for an smtp port, mine says that it's unable to validate username or password so will only get as far as incoming - it's on an HTC OneX so just posting to tell you it's not only the S3 :manlol:

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@womble-wwfc wrote:

I wish I could get to the part where it asks for an smtp port, mine says that it's unable to validate username or password so will only get as far as incoming - it's on an HTC OneX so just posting to tell you it's not only the S3 :manlol:

There was no need to post this or hijack a thread

Message 9 of 11

womble-wwfc
  • 20 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Where has the thread been hi-jacked? all I was saying was that maybe o2 have a problem with email that covers multiple devices

Message 10 of 11