cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia J ST26i won't connect to 3G

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok so i have got the internet settings , tried switching the ohone on and off to activate them, but it will only go online with wifi networks, i have gone into settings and it has 3G ticked but no symbol and won't connect on it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you disabled the Wi-Fi, as having it enabled will disable 3G. If you are still unable to get a 3G signal, check your local coverage for any outages @ http://status.o2.co.uk/

If you know any friends or family on O2, ensure they are able to receive a 3G signal at your location too.

If theirs work and yours doesn't, contact O2 on 202 and report a fault with your service - as you may need a new SIM card. If the problem affects your friend's phone too - then there is likely no 3G service currently available in your area.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you disabled the Wi-Fi, as having it enabled will disable 3G. If you are still unable to get a 3G signal, check your local coverage for any outages @ http://status.o2.co.uk/

If you know any friends or family on O2, ensure they are able to receive a 3G signal at your location too.

If theirs work and yours doesn't, contact O2 on 202 and report a fault with your service - as you may need a new SIM card. If the problem affects your friend's phone too - then there is likely no 3G service currently available in your area.
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a Sony Xperia ST26i for Xmas and also havve a similar problem. With no or little signal and have compared signal strengths with 2 other O2 phone which worked with good signal.  I changed the sim card from the ST26i and placed it in one of the other phones and the sim card/phone worked fine. Having travelled 200 miles and continually comparing the signal on the phones the ST26i gave no or little signal for 98% of the journey. Will be taking it back to O2 tomorrow.

Message 3 of 3