Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early payment of bill

MandyJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My bill is due on the 23rd but I paid it early on the 18th... Will my direct debit come out as I don't want to be charged twice?
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MandyJ wrote:
well I rang and spoke to someone from o2 he said he can see the payment... Nd there is no request on my account for the bank to take money on my DD day 23rd 😊😁

Great news @MandyJ However, please make sure you check My O2 to ensure payment isnt taken

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 44

MandyJ
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
well they better not take it as I'll get charged as my wages don't go in until the 24th .. 😠😂😂
Message 22 of 44

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Why not, as I previously suggested, ask them to change your DD date to the 25th?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 44

MandyJ
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
no because why should I when I've paid them for my bill this month
Message 24 of 44

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I mean for each subsequent month going forward from here, then you will always know money is there to pay the bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 44

MandyJ
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
money would always be there anyway it's just I chose to pay early that's all. It's drama lol... never again... 😂😂
Message 26 of 44

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Oh, I see......

Currently using:
Message 27 of 44

MandyJ
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Update... I had to cancel my direct debit else it would of came out !!! Good job I got a second opinion from another person at o2... pffft... so after the date I will have to reinstate my direct debit for next month's bill by calling o2 again to reset it up.. I can't believe paying a bill early would cause this much messing about !
Message 28 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As thought, it was really too late with only 2 days notice. Such conflicting advice from O2 Guru's has caused confusion. Just remember when you reinstate it, choose a date that suits you best. Confirm this with O2.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 44

MandyJ
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well the first guy I someone to I'm the phone.. the second guy was in the live chat...

I'll stay with my original date of the 23rd .. I'll just not pay it early again... lol... so should I call them the Friday? it will be the day after the 23RD was meant to go out.. and get it sorted for December 23rd... or maybe just call Thursday evening and explain why I cancelled it and get it back up and running ?
Message 30 of 44