Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early payment of bill

MandyJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My bill is due on the 23rd but I paid it early on the 18th... Will my direct debit come out as I don't want to be charged twice?
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MandyJ wrote:
Hmmm... well thanks for the advice all... I guess I'll just see what happens on payment date... I mean I guess if I'm in credit I won't have to pay next month ...

Yes thats correct, 😉

Message 11 of 44

MandyJ
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm hoping it won't be taken again... lol.. good job I did overtime at work if it does !!! 😠😂
Message 12 of 44

jonsie
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MandyJ wrote:
I'm hoping it won't be taken again... lol.. good job I did overtime at work if it does !!! 😠😂

The very best of luck to you 😀

Just for future reference, anything you want to do with direct debits and extra payments then you need to allow a clear 6 working days. Please don't cancel the direct debit as you could get into all sorts of problems if you forget a payment date unintentionally. 

Message 13 of 44

MandyJ
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'll never pay it early again lol.. I'll wait for my payment date...

I won't cancel ... but my payment will be one day late as I don't get paid until the 24th ... Will that matter ?
Message 14 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MandyJ wrote:
I'll never pay it early again lol.. I'll wait for my payment date...

I won't cancel ... but my payment will be one day late as I don't get paid until the 24th ... Will that matter ?

@MandyJI know this seems silly as you have already made one payment...however if your direct debit will be a day late I would ring customer services and explain this to them https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Those payment systems are automated, so it will only recognise that you have a failed direct debit.

Best time to call is between 8-8.30am

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 44

MandyJ
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you.. I will give them a call tmorrow morning ... I think they will understand as I have paid my bill...
Message 16 of 44

MandyJ
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I just found this...

You can store your card details securely in the My O2 Card Wallet, available on the My O2 website and the My O2 app. ... So if you want to pay your bill early, it's best to do it through My O2 or by calling our customer service team. This way you'll avoid being charged twice or having to cancel your Direct Debit.

I paid through my o2 .. so maybe I'll be ok
Message 17 of 44

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @MandyJ it would be great to hear how this turns out so please let us know once your billing date arrives! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MandyJO2 wallet closed in 2014.

http://www.o2.co.uk/money

So that's no longer an option sadly. Various other ways of paying are listed here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 44

MandyJ
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
well I rang and spoke to someone from o2 he said he can see the payment... Nd there is no request on my account for the bank to take money on my DD day 23rd 😊😁
Message 20 of 44