Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early payment of bill

MandyJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My bill is due on the 23rd but I paid it early on the 18th... Will my direct debit come out as I don't want to be charged twice?
Message 1 of 44
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @MandyJ Unless you contact your bank the direct debit will be taken, as it's set up automatically to pay on that date. I would give the bank a call tomorrow, although it may be too late with only 2 days notice.

People are allowed to make additional payments on their contracts.... but unless you contact O2 you are unable to change payment date. I think this will be seen as an additional payment.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Very probably I'm afraid. 

If you have online banking you can suspend the direct debit for one month. Even then you may get a pop-up saying it's too near the date. Worth a try.... 

Message 2 of 44

MandyJ
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you.. I will just call o2 tmorrow I guess so they won't charge me again.
Message 3 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @MandyJ Unless you contact your bank the direct debit will be taken, as it's set up automatically to pay on that date. I would give the bank a call tomorrow, although it may be too late with only 2 days notice.

People are allowed to make additional payments on their contracts.... but unless you contact O2 you are unable to change payment date. I think this will be seen as an additional payment.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 44

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If it is taken twice it will sit as a credit on your account so next month the system won’t call the DD at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 44

MandyJ
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh well that sucks ! I thought I was doing a good thing paying early ! ... So if I cancel my direct debit I can just pay each month using my card ?
Message 6 of 44

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Seriously don’t can the DD.
If you forget to pay 1 month they will just cut you off and mark down your credit file.
If you want to pay earlier call customer service on 202 and change the DD date to suit you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 44

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's probably too near the date to be cancelled by the bank but call them first thing in the morning to check. 

Message 8 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MandyJ wrote:
Oh well that sucks ! I thought I was doing a good thing paying early ! ... So if I cancel my direct debit I can just pay each month using my card ?

Yes you could...but it probably be too late to cancel for this month. (dependent on your bank)  Also direct debit forms part of your contract and is really the most efficient way to make sure payment is made.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 44

MandyJ
  • 28 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hmmm... well thanks for the advice all... I guess I'll just see what happens on payment date... I mean I guess if I'm in credit I won't have to pay next month ...
Message 10 of 44