cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Internet via Mobile Network

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I have just got a Samsung Galaxy SIII but am unable to connect to internet via Mobile Network.  I have activated Mobile Data in settings, but when I try to access internet, it won't work.  I can connect to internet via WiFi at home, but I need to be able to when I'm out and about too.  Any ideas please?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

however, there is no green dot against the 02 Mobile Web line and no way of turning it green, if you see what I mean!

You are actually touching the dot and not the words aren't you ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you try going to Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names and then pressing your menu key (the one on the bottom left of the phone) and tapping 'Reset to Default'.

Once you've done this, turn it off and back on and it should hopefully work fine for you.

If not, try going to status.o2.co.uk to check if the network is okay in your area?

Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect - thank you so much.  It worked like a charm Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anytime slight_smile

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Arghh!  I spoke too soon slight_frown  I followed the instructions and thought it was fixed but I had inadvertently connected via work WiFI, so I thought the mobile network solution had worked.  In fact, it hasn't and I still can't connect via mobile network.  I have checked status.o2.co.uk and network is OK in my area.  Any other ideas please?

FYI, my SIM is a work contract one - are the instructions the same in this case??

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, as long as you choose the correct APN settings it should be fine.

Is it possible to try your sim card in a different phone to see if the internet works in that?

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - thanks for your swift response.  Yes, the SIM card works in my Nokkia phone and I can access internet no problem.

When I look at the available APNs I can see 02 Mobile Web.  However, when I select it, it takes me to the "Edit Access Point" screen, but doesn't let me confirm the APN, although "Enable/disable APN" is checked in green.  On the first screen, however, there is no green dot against the 02 Mobile Web line and no way of turning it green, if you see what I mean!

Message 7 of 19

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23993 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

See if the settings posted in this thread help you:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/APN-Settings-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S3/m-p...

Or text the word ACTIVE to 2020 and save the settings texted back to you

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

however, there is no green dot against the 02 Mobile Web line and no way of turning it green, if you see what I mean!

You are actually touching the dot and not the words aren't you ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL - thank goodness for sites like this!  My settings matched those posted by previous response, so I was flummoxed again!  Now I have managed to turn the dot green by pressing the dot and not the words (a complete techno-illiterate as you can tell!!).  I now need to get away from the WiFi and test it - fingers crossed.

Thank you all for your help.

Message 10 of 19