cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best SIM card to get for my iPad to connect to the network while travelling in Europe

Tauny
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would like to use my iPad for road navigation when travelling in France, Switzerland and Italy. Please could someone advise me on the best SIM card and data plan for my iPad to connect to a network while travelling in Europe?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Tauny 

Any sim except a data sim from O2 as they don't work abroad.

I use a world sim when travelling https://www.worldsim.com/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Tauny
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

Welcome

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 9

darrenney02
Level 4: Observant
  • 129 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just last week I moved from a o2 data only sim of £9 a month for 4gb to a Smarty £9 a month for 15gb data only sim for my iPad Mini 6 and it also gives you 12gb a month EU roaming as long as the country you are going to is a member of the EU.

www.smarty.co.uk

Will stay on o2 for my iPhone.

Message 5 of 9

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@darrenney02 

If that guidance is meant for the benefit of @Tauny, you need to tag him thus ! 👍 

Message 6 of 9

darrenney02
  • 129 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Tauny as I posted above www.smarty.co.uk has data only sims that also offer EU roaming as long as the country you are going to is a member of the EU.

I changed from an o2 data sim for my iPad Mini 6 to a Smarty data only sim and Ipsy I g the same £9 a month but I now getting 15gb a month with Smarty and 12gb EU roaming. Where as before I was getting 4gb a month for £9 a month and no EU roaming with o2.

Message 7 of 9

Tauny
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Observant!  Unfortunately, my iPad needs an eSIM, which is currently not provided by Smarty.  Worldsim has an eSIM option, however

Message 8 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10651 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Tauny 

Have a look at esim.net they offer 30 day plans with Voda and o2, and they all include EU roaming.. 

I personally used a Vodafone one and can vouch for excellent CS and pricing, and you can cancel after using them £18 

O2

madasaf1sh_0-1719835389103.png

Vodafone

madasaf1sh_1-1719835424177.png

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 9