cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G on my S4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, a 4G tarrif and am in a 4G area. However, I have no 4G signal and on my S4 I have no option to select 4G. Am I missing something?

Kam

Message 1 of 117
116 REPLIES 116

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont get it. If o2 release it, surely it has to go to samsung to update their phones?!

Message 21 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung push the update out.

For phones supplied by 02 then 02 check out the update themselves and remove things they don't want customers to have and then release it.

That's how it used to work anyway.
Message 22 of 117

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
For phones supplied by 02 then 02 check out the update themselves and remove things they don't want customers to have and then release it.

This phone was not supplied by O2! Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I have understood it:

Phones supplied by o2 HAVE the necessary update. These are able to receive 4G

Phones NOT supplied by o2 do NOT have the necessary update. These are UNABLE to receive 4G. 

For the latter, samsung seem to know nothing about it (according to the wonderkid I spoke to), and o2 said samsung are releasing it!

Message 24 of 117

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Either way your issue is with the seller, O2 has no responsibility and cannot help you with a device you bought on Ebay.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 25 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable
My reply was directed to tauro about software updates.

I'm aware the phone was not supplied by 02.
Message 26 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing yet.

Message 27 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

While the problem is clearly Samsung's, O2 are not entirely blame-free. When I ordered my 4G service, I had to go through a page that checked my phone model, software version, SIM card and tariff to verify I was ready – and both phone model and software version were listed as "ready to go".

I have now contacted Amazon to complain that the phone they advertised as 4G is in fact not so. Unfortunately, I am quite certain all they will do is issue me with a full refund. I suppose I can then go into an O2 store to buy the phone but that will be more expensive than from Amazon…

Message 28 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

While the problem is clearly Samsung's, O2 are not entirely blame-free. When I ordered my 4G service, I had to go through a page that checked my phone model, software version, SIM card and tariff to verify I was ready – and both phone model and software version were listed as "ready to go".

I have now contacted Amazon to complain that the phone they advertised as 4G is in fact not so. Unfortunately, I am quite certain all they will do is issue me with a full refund. I suppose I can then go into an O2 store to buy the phone but that will be more expensive than from Amazon…

My S4 is from O2 and I dont have the 4G update, so I doubt that would make any difference.

Message 29 of 117

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My S4 is from O2 and I dont have the 4G update, so I doubt that would make any difference.

I think you're right, the makers have goofed and the update should fix it.

The others are complaining here that this is down to O2 when they have bought their phones elsewhere.

If you buy from places like Amazon or Ebay you can save a bundle of cash, but don't look for help from O2 if there's a problem as it won't happen.

Message 30 of 117