cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G on my S4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, a 4G tarrif and am in a 4G area. However, I have no 4G signal and on my S4 I have no option to select 4G. Am I missing something?

Kam

Message 1 of 117
116 REPLIES 116

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6971 Solutions

There is a patch expected in the next few days to enable the 4G chip in the phone.

Message 2 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

Download Battery moniter widget by 3c  in settings enable lte/gsm and away you go .hopefully the update will come soon .

Message 3 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant find the lte/gsm option in settings....

Message 4 of 117

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I cant find the lte/gsm option in settings....

I don't think anyone here other than the poster above has said that this app does that successfully, I would wait for the proper fix.

We do get many people here trying to push apps they have written.

Sorry if I'm wrong but they should but post the full details of how it works if it does!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi...yep I have the mini s4 from CPW sim free. Have a Vodafone 4G sim and have the lte option but not with my 4G O2 Sim Card. I heard the patch is coming in next day or so...the baseband should end with MH2 but mine is MH1. Maybe different on S4 but thats the issue with the mini I believe. I am just going to sit tight and not download any battery apps that could contain bugs. Not worth it for a couple of days in my opinion.

Rob

Message 6 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope all goes Ok for you.

Message 7 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad I am not the only one!

O2 shouldnt be letting people take out 4G contracts without 4G enabled phones. Didnt realise there was a special patch needed from samsung to receive 4G on a 4G phone!

Called o2 a few times and finally they eeked out that samsung are supposed to send through a patch for phones NOT BOUGHT FROM O2. In my case, I got this on ebay (unwanted upgrade) . If the upgrade is due in a few days then ok, but any longer and I might get back to O2 requesting some sort of compensation for the premium I am paying on a service I cannot use...!

Went from a £20/ month sim only deal to £31/month sim only deal. Not a massive amount but its their fault for not making it clearer to the users before signing them up for new contracts.

Message 8 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon,

This is not 02's fault but a hiccup by Samsung for being late to the party with the 4G patch.

I'm not sure why you would then expect 02 to pay compensation for loss of 4G service and for a problem on a phone that was not even supplied by them.

Message 9 of 117

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is indeed a samsung problem.

The issue i have is that o2 KNEW about it before offering me a contract on a phone they KNEW (as I told them) i hadnt bought from o2.

They should have said:

did you buy the phone from us? No

In that case, we would advise you that your phone currently doesnt have the correct software patch to receive 4G. This is due shortly. Do you still want to continue with the upgrade? No.

Message 10 of 117