Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad service

GilDo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. O2 cannot override my voicemail which has been locked on since 5 or 6 March 24! Cannot get phone calls, including about hospital appointments, so after pushing many times, O2 agreed £10.00 compensation. To date this compensation has never arrived despite many promises it was on the way. Their internal comms are dreadful with L hand not knowing what R hand is doing, especially the senior managers. Reached out many times on Twitter/ X got zero response. Staff in O2 shop after fighting fruitlessly with O2 system, advised me on quiet to leave! How bad is that? Also Ofcom advised me to get a deadlock e-mail from O2 and guess what - zero response from O2. O2 were good initially , but  for me they don't care any more. I need to export my number to a new provider so  people can phone me again, but was warned that I need to stay with O2 despite voicemail ovveride and no incoming calls, to get the compensation. I'm stuck. What do I do? GD

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124243 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@GilDo 

I'm afraid you need to persevere with O2.

All we know about VM is here Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Cancelling your contract to leave will require you settling your bill in total

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

It's up to you really. You can use socials to contact O2.

Give O2 a call on  202 or 0344 809 0202 (Contract)  4445 or 0344 809 0222 (PAYG)

Or you can message O2 on social media on Instagram https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW). 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

To get the deadlock letter mentioned you will have to have gone through the official complaints procedure and that is taking weeks at the moment.

If you are out of contract I would ignore the small amount of compensation and leave

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 9

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@GilDo 

Have you actually made an official complaint to O2 ? Or not ? You talk about deadlock but that is when you have gone through O2's internal complaints' procedure. Please see :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

The latter document says :-

What happens next?

If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer.

O2 work with two Ombudsman service providers, depending on what your complaint is about. When you speak with our complaints team, we’ll make sure that if you remain unhappy you’re provided with a final position letter, which will detail what we’ve done and advise you which Ombudsman you should contact.

Hence, if you have made an official complaint, you might be in a position of deadlock at about the end of this month ; unless O2 respond to your complaint in the meantime. 👍   

Message 4 of 9

GilDo
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all your info. Yes have raised the complaintS officially. Now have got back some of the poromised refund; have requested billing clarification. Will let you know how things proceed. O2 were initially good but lately think int comms awful. 

Message 5 of 9

GilDo
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Cleoriff. Thanks for all that info. Waiting to hear back from O2 over next stage. Will keep you informed.

Message 6 of 9

GilDo
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Enlii. Thanks. Waiting to hear back from O2 over next stage. 

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124243 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@GilDo 

Do let us know how you get on x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7588 Posts
  • 143 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@GilDo wrote:

Thanks for all your info. Yes have raised the complaintS officially. Now have got back some of the poromised refund; have requested billing clarification. Will let you know how things proceed. O2 were initially good but lately think int comms awful. 

Agreed @GilDo, O2 seem to be in something of a mess at the moment.

Please keep us informed of developments. 👍 

Message 9 of 9