Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to O2, not a good start :(

Adsy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I thought it was a good idea to take advantage of the O2 sim deal via my Virgin Media account. 100GB sim and free 1GB broadband upgrade. Placed the order, 3 days later got my new home hub and 1GB line, great.

Yesterday decided to call O2 and ask where my new sim is at...apparently there was NO order placed! Seems Virgin and O2 do not really communicate with each other regarding the Volt deals! Certainly no one called me to let me know!

Spent an hour with O2 customer service to set up the sim deal again, but apparently it's only a 50GB O2 sim deal and was told Virgin Media will sort out the other 50GB...ooookay.

Anyway, order went through and I got my esim and waited for my number to port. This morning I called Virgin Media to enquire about the other 50GB sim data... told me to talk to O2.

Called O2 and was told they will need to fill out a form to request the 100Gb deal...what!?, so apparently now I have to wait 14 days to see it it will magically appear in my account.

What an absolute sh*t show of an ordering process, seems both companies are clueless on who is suppose to do what?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7108 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

That's how Volt works. In your case you will pay the price of 50GB deal but it will be doubled in around 14 days

I pay for 32GB and get 64

All the information we have in this guide.

Volt Megaguide 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

The double data is from Volt @Adsy - see this guide:

Volt Megaguide 

It will mean the 50Gb from o2 turns to 100Gb, and it will put your home broadband speed up 1 level - so your 500Mb becomes the 1Gb version.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3