Did you mean: 

iPhone 16 & Watch Series 10 Megathread + FAQ's

Kei-M_O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 90 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Following on from the recent Apple event we're pleased to announce that the iPhone 16 range is available to pre-order on O2. See more 👇 for details and shop links.

iPhone 16

iPhone 16
iPhone 16 Plus
iPhone 16 Pro
iPhone 16 Pro Max
cf9e7100-0797-463c-91a2-e17eefd3aed2.png iPhone 16 Plus.png iPhone 16 Pro.png iPhone 16 Pro Max.png

Apple Watch Series 10 & Watch Ultra 2

Apple Watch Series 10
Apple Watch Ultra 2
Watch Series 10 Titanium.png Apple Watch Ultra 2 - Black Titanium.png

Questions?

We're updating our website and we'll also curate some FAQs below.

Message 1 of 247
246 REPLIES 246

Benlfc
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 348 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Q. Can I use Switch Up on the new iPhone?

AO2 Switch Up is available from pre-order online and in store. Customers who order online will need to send their old phone back when they receive their new phone. Customers who visit a retail store will be asked for their old phone when they collect their new iPhone. 

So if you don’t have to send your phone until you receive your new phone what happens if your old phone is deemed ineligible? Can see that option being a nightmare 

Message 21 of 247

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11488 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Bambino 

I meant sites such as MacRumors.com 😀

I have been here long enough as well to know this place will turn into a cluster **bleep** quickly 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 22 of 247

madasaf1sh
  • 11488 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Benlfc 

Have a look at the SwitchUp guide Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

Basically you will be asked to pay the difference or the full value of the old phone...

--
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
Message 23 of 247

Benlfc
  • 348 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

@Benlfc 

Have a look at the SwitchUp guide Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

Basically you will be asked to pay the difference or the full value of the old phone...

@madasaf1sh so a potential nightmare. There are no guarantees that when you aren’t there present as the customer grading isn’t done fairly 

Message 24 of 247

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

Totally agree @Benlfc 

I would never do switch up online for that very reason along with the fact that O2 are likely to lose your returned phone also.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 25 of 247

madasaf1sh
  • 11488 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

I would never do a switchup online either, too much can go wrong, and in store so much easier and you know there and then if it passes grading..

--
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
Message 26 of 247

jmilner
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Kei-M_O2 If I pre order in store will they give me a date and time to go back and collect the phone or can I just go to the store at any time on the 20th?

Thanks

Message 27 of 247

madasaf1sh
  • 11488 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@jmilner 

From past experience, of the OG Pixel Fold release they will send you a text when they have your phone, they you go and collect it. 

They won't give you a time and date at point of pre-order and I wouldn't just turn up "on spec" to see if they have it, just wait and just be aware you might not be able to collect it on Launch day, if it doesn't turn up, or apple / the warehouse don't send enough.. 

So prepare for the worse, but hope for the best.

--
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
Message 28 of 247

Benlfc
  • 348 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@jmilner wrote:

@Kei-M_O2 If I pre order in store will they give me a date and time to go back and collect the phone or can I just go to the store at any time on the 20th?

Thanks

@jmilner I would think like when you pre order online there’ll be “delivery from the 20th” which usually means launch day delivery or “delivery will take up to xxx week(s)” message. Doesn’t give 100% guarantee though it still turns up within whichever timeframe you’re given if given one. That being said I’ve never not had it delivered when the message said when I’ve ordered online 

Message 29 of 247

BeastMode149
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Now that iOS 18 brings support for RCS messaging to the iPhone, when will this functionality work for O2 customers using iPhones running iOS 18?

I’m currently running iOS 18 Release Candidate on my iPhone 14 Pro and currently see no option to enable RCS messaging. This issue is also being reported by other O2 customers, and customers on other carriers.

As far as I’m aware, EE is the only UK carrier to enable RCS messaging on iPhones at this time.

Message 30 of 247