Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Level 1: Joiner

Re: iPad Pro 2018 - Pre-order on 2 November

@JJ not sure this time around but last time I ordered a device from O2 online, it arrived the next day from launch. That was the 10.5 iPad Pro.

Anonymous

@Theboynorm I just don't get why 4+ weeks... just a bit too much
Topics: 8
Kudos: 131

Has anyone who pre ordered and had delivery dates for launch had a dispatch notification. Or anything showing in myO2

I ordered the 1TB 12.9 Space Grey just after orders went live and was given a launch day delivery date but no sign of dispatch as yet

Level 4: Observant

I've had despatch confirmation emails from O2 as late (early) as 6am on the actual day of delivery. I upgrade my phone every year with them. When there is a major launch they seem to work through model by model - with no particular logic.
If you happen to be an early model they are processing you might hear by the afternoon before launch day. If you are a late model it could be tomorrow morning.
There are still no guarantees though, they do seem to be very cautious, and have told me in the past its because they dont know what stock allocation they are going to get from Apple until it arrives. Sometimes its different to their expectations, so there does seem to be some luck involved.
Fingers crossed for all of us aboard the good ship iPad for tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and often the order page in my O2 (Website not App) will show activity hours before you get an email - which can be reassuring - as long as you arent paranoid if it doesnt.....

My O2 order for 12.9" 512GB Space Grey is now showing a DPD tracking number and that it was despatched today. Nothing by email, but that will do for me. 
Sometimes this only shows on the website. not the app.

Still nothing for me

Level 2: Apprentice

And still nothing for business customers! 😡😡😡

As above - from experience, I think O2 do the big launches model by model, batch by batch. The timing of despatch details seems to be down to luck based on the order they work through the models.

@AngryWarlock wrote:

As above - from experience, I think O2 do the big launches model by model, batch by batch. The timing of despatch details seems to be down to luck based on the order they work through the models.

I wont panic quite yet then. Just get mildly anxious 😂