Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia 1 II Launch

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Guys, the highly anticipated Sony Xperia 1 II will be available on O2. We have seen a few posts on here asking for the launch. The new Sony Xperia 1 II is built for speed, it has a powerful Snapdragon 865 processor and unbelievably quick camera autofocus. Plus, it’s ready for the 5th Generation with O2 5G.

But let’s see some more details why we and a lot of people on here were waiting for the Xperia 1 II …

sku-header-290520.png

Focus faster

The Xperia 1 II can capture things that were previously impossible on a smartphone. Developed with Sony’s Alpha camera engineers and built with Zeiss optics, the 12MP triple-lens system has up to 20fps continuous burst shooting, complete with autofocus and auto-exposure. You’ll never miss the moment.

Sounds incredible

It’s a well-known fact that Sony’s audio experts are among the best in the world – and they’ve had their hands on the Xperia 1 II. Enjoy cinema-quality Dolby Atmos sound when you’re watching a movie, and hear music in a new way with 360 Reality Audio, which is tuned in collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment.

A movie screen in your hand

If anyone knows screen technology, it’s Sony. The Xperia 1 II uses Sony’s Bravia HDR engine to bring you unrivalled clarity and detail. The 21:9 CinemaWide OLED display brings you movies in stunning cinema quality thanks to new motion blur reduction technology, and with 4K and HDR, you’ll see them exactly how they were made to be viewed.

And… if you pre-Order now you can claim a free pair of headphones worth £329.

PLEASE NOTE: Our pre-order promotion has been so popular that we have nearly sold out of our allocation of 1,750 Sony WH1000XM3 headphones. So any customer who pre-orders this device from us tomorrow morning aren't disappointed, from approx. 8am Tue 9 June 2020 we will change the offer to Sony WH910 headphones. More info.

unnamed.png

Let me know what you think of the Sony Xperia 1 II. Are you going to get it? Was it worth the wait? Post your thoughts below…

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Pete58
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@LukasB I am really looking at the release date for the Sony Xperia 10 II I read somewhere on these forums that o2 might have it next week for release/preorders
Message 11 of 50

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Pete58 

It's available for pre-order now...

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sony/xperia-1-II-5G#contractType=paymonthly 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 50

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Pete58 wrote:
@LukasB I am really looking at the release date for the Sony Xperia 10 II I read somewhere on these forums that o2 might have it next week for release/preorders

The Xperia 10 ii is coming soon, but we don't yet have a conclusive 100% date... But, it will be soon slight_smile

As soon as it's available, myself, Lukas, Martin or Marjo will post about it here on the Community.

EDIT: I just want to add, the Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones are simply unbelievable and in a class of their own. Some headphones have great sound, some have freat style, and some have great noise cancellation. But, these for me are the best headphones on the market that pull all of these together into one package. I've worn these on busy buses, packed trains, and noisy planes, and let me tell you, these things are truly magnificent and I can't give them enough praise. The battery life is legendary too.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 13 of 50

Pete58
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Chris_K thanks for the reply look forward to seeing a release date as my xa2 is slowing down and no android 10
Message 14 of 50

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Pete58 

It's available for pre order in the shop now.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 50

Pete58
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for the reply @Cleoriff it was the Sony Xperia 10 mk II I was looking for, the Sony Xperia 1 mk 2 is out of my price range I'm afraid but again thanks for the reply
Message 16 of 50

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
If I was a guessing kind of man, I'd say the end of June.
Message 17 of 50

Pete58
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks @viridis will keep checking here for any announcements
Message 18 of 50

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

Our Sony Xperia 1 ii pre-order promotion has been so popular that we've nearly sold through our allocation of 1,750 Sony WH1000XM3 headphones. However, as of 8am tomorrow and to avoid any new pre-order customers being disappointed with no pre-order offers, we will be updating our website tomorrow morning and will begin offering the fantastic Sony WH910 headphones as a replacement.

To be clear, anyone pre-ordering up until this change goes live on our website (expected to be approx 8am tomorrow, Tuesday 9 June 2020) will be eligible for claim for the Sony WH1000XM3 headphones. After this time, the offer will be to claim for the Sony WH910 headphones, while stocks last.

If you are contemplating pre-ordering this device to take advantage of the free Sony WH1000XM3 headphones, please pre-order ASAP today to avoid disappointment. From tomorrow morning, the offer will change to Sony WH910 headphones.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 19 of 50

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
WH-910 are pretty damn decent too. Kudos to O2 & Sony for making sure no-one misses out on a great deal.

A lot of good feelings about this phone, and a lot of good reviews so far too.
Message 20 of 50