Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@prototype89 wrote:

I've noticed that all the moderators @Chris_K@Toby have stopped commenting on this forum. 

If you guys are not having any luck with your replacements, then I suggest trying other networks. My Vodafone store in Westfield London are already accepting orders for Note 7's and with no incentive to stick around, what's the harm in trying elsewhere?

I think they are both hiding this week!  Probably because they have about as much information as any of us on what is going on!

Message 1161 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you all know i cancelled my pre order of the note 7 yesterday I rang O2 earlier today to order an Iphone and the man who i spoke to was still going on about the note 7 and telling me its all been a bit of a disaster really and a great big mess.  He also said they have hardly had any info coming into them over this situation. 

Weather this is true or not who knows but this is the most info ive had since i pre ordered my note shame its come after ive cancelled the order 😞 

Message 1162 of 1,893

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well @Anonymous the Note7 debacle is a disaster and a great big mess. So some of what the chap said was true. Just read the complaints under this topic and Welcome and News.

I haven't cancelled my Note7 order as I'd rather wait for a phone I want rather than one I don't. I know people go on about the iPhone but I just can't see it myself. Anyway to each their own

Good luck with your new phone.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1163 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 I 100% agree with what the man said too and i also think they way us o2 customers have been treated is unacceptable.  I really didnt want to go back to the iphone but i recycled my old phone and have been without a device so i felt like i had to do some thing and get a phone in as soon as possible. Good luck to you and hope your get your device soon. I wish i had a note 7 in my hands and didnt have to resort to cancelling 😞 

Message 1164 of 1,893

Lidenbrock
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi - you mentioned an email for CS can't find anywhere on the site. Thanks

Message 1165 of 1,893

Lidenbrock
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Nope - and no one seems to know what to do, that there's a recall etc etc etc! O2 staff at the shop I collected mine from as perplexed as me - they're the only ones that seem to care - no one online or via the phone seem to.

Message 1166 of 1,893

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous I fully understand your decision.

However, I'm lucky in that I still have my Note 4 to use. It is knackered but still working so I can afford to wait. You, on the other hand, can't.

I too hope I receive my Note7 soon. However, I doubt it as there are still many waiting for their replacement phones.

I used to praise o2 not any more. I am sticking it out because I am very stubborn and just don't give up easily. But as I said having a working phone makes it easier for me.

Message 1167 of 1,893

Lidenbrock
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Screenshot_20160928-202819.png

Interesting message don't you think - given no one at O2 seems to care/know about this when you contact them online. Too late to call tonight - will use 202 since it doesn't cost me tho - think I'll also be recalling Samsung and letting them know there's an issue. Guess I'll just have to find time to try and phone when I'm supposed to be working!

Message 1168 of 1,893

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Lidenbrock good luck. Let us know how you get on with o2 and Samsung - if you get on.

Am waiting for my email from o2 Friday telling me what my next biil will be. I have a nasty feeling o2 are going to charge me for the Note7 I don't have. Hope I'm wrong but if I'm right you'll all be able to hear me wherever you live I'll be shouting that loud!!

Message 1169 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lidenbrock That new push message implies there is a great urgency, clearly Samsung wouldn't of pushed that message if o2 didn't have the stock to meet demand for replacement. 

@Chris_K usually updates the thread the day after new Samsung guidance so fingers crossed he does tomorrow and make it clear how those still with dangerous, life threatening devices can finally get them exchanged swiftly

Message 1170 of 1,893