Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've noticed that Samsung website have removed the note 7 off their home screen!!! Significant move or just me hoping for abit of progress maybe!!!
Message 1151 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally had contact from O2 in the form of the following text:

"Got an eye on something to spruce up your new phone? Then we've got good news. Right now we're offering up to 20% off cases, car chargers, headphones, speakers and stacks more. Take your pick today at http://s.o2.co.uk/fmqU1rkT using the code WELCOME20"

Talk about rubbing salt in the wound!!!

Message 1152 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a headsup to people, on August 17th I left o2.  They continued to bill me relentlessly, despite 1 month of phonecalls and live chats, only last week did they bill me £340 "accidentally".

So in summary, if the actions shown by o2 in this thread compel you to leave and join another mobile phone provider, after you cancel make sure to cancel your direct debits too, or you will find yourself hundreds of pounds worse off than you were expecting.  There's a thread on hotukdeals about it, it's disgusting and it feels like it's policy to have lots of these accidental charges.  Every live chat and phonecall was sunshine, happiness, rainbows and promises, but even a day after it's as if there was no phonecall/chat.  Be warned.

Message 1153 of 1,893

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Finally had contact from O2 in the form of the following text:

"Got an eye on something to spruce up your new phone? Then we've got good news. Right now we're offering up to 20% off cases, car chargers, headphones, speakers and stacks more. Take your pick today at http://s.o2.co.uk/fmqU1rkT using the code WELCOME20"

Talk about rubbing salt in the wound!!!

I think  I recall getting a text yesterday about claiming a free skin for my phone.  Unfortunately I decided not to take them up on the offer as they couldn't guarantee that it was flame retardant wink

Message 1154 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
preordered mine on the 18th August and got it on the 30th.
Message 1155 of 1,893

K3nc0
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ton - You received your replacement yet?
Message 1156 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

@K3nc0 Yep.  Ordered 18th, got on the 30th and had it swapped Saturday morning no thanks to O2. I did all the calling, writing and shouting.  I was supposed to have it on Friday but that didn't  happen, because DPD.  

Message 1157 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. this morning. after a lot of bugging on my part. would have got it monday if it wasnt for DPD messing me about.

Message 1158 of 1,893

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I pre-ordered on the 16th...  Still not 1 single email, call or text....  I'm wondering if I should turn my phone on, leave it next to a radiator and sell the story to the press that it exploded, maybe o2 might get a move on then.

Again, it's clear that every bit of information that we have been given over the last month is a pack of lies!  Phones are being replaced randomly and seems like most have gone to people who had the time and energy to keep on and on at o2 CS!

Message 1159 of 1,893

prototype89
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've noticed that all the moderators @Chris_K@Toby have stopped commenting on this forum. 

If you guys are not having any luck with your replacements, then I suggest trying other networks. My Vodafone store in Westfield London are already accepting orders for Note 7's and with no incentive to stick around, what's the harm in trying elsewhere?

Message 1160 of 1,893