Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops - Free screen replacement from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We know how much you love your phone. And we know accidents happen. That's why we’re giving you free accidental damage cover, with selected phones and tariffs. This means you'll be covered for up to 24 months, in which time you'll be able to make one claim. So it won't be the end of the world if your brand new phone slips out of your hands... Oops!

Wow, amazing! What phones is this offer available on?!
Glad you asked. You can find a full list of phones this is available on right here

What if I pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note8 already?
If you already pre-ordered this online or over the phone on our 30GB or 50GB O2 Refresh tariff, you can get this free cover. Or pay £5 to upgrade it, so you’re also covered if your phone is lost or stolen. Already ordered insurance with your new Note8? Don’t worry, you can switch it. We’ll be in touch, but you can also call us on 03332 341 478 to request your cover now.

If you've ever had your own "Oops" moment, let us know down below. What was my own Oops moment? It happened about 3 weeks ago - my phone was in my hand, I went to turn the lights off to go out with some friends, my phone slipped, and it fell onto the table below. I heard that unmistakable cracking sound and I knew it was bad, before even seeing it. And then I saw the damage and my heart sank. With our Oops free screen replacement on eligible handsets and tariffs, this is a feeling you won't need to worry about!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:
I was always told that there's no such thing as a free lunch.

I've no doubt it's been factored into the monthly cost. 

And the specific costs for all the street advertising hoardings no doubt Whistle

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

do you also get this if your on a business tarrif?? 

Message 12 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Some questions answered here http://www.techradar.com/news/o2-will-now-fix-your-broken-screen-for-free-with-some-two-year-contrac... but I can't find any T&C's @Chris_K ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 33

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Of course, the T&Cs will stipulate that O2's repair contractor must make the repair.........and they will always find something else faulty which must be repaired before the screen is replaced Feedback

Message 14 of 33

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

so basicly o2 are stating that this is only for those that are paying £70 per month line rental... so its not really a deal to ALL new o2 customers lol... why not reduce prices and bring them in line with other network operators for what you get!!!! 

Message 16 of 33

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Cynical 😂

Probably not wink ...........just can't imagine O2 allowing a "free" repair to be made by the phone's manufacturer.

Message 17 of 33

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm sure you're right, they would want it to be kept 'in house' to control costs and yes, everyone knows about the infamous Anovo added extras

Message 18 of 33

paulad1553
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi. how do you know if you qualify for this? i upgraded from an s6 to an s8 the end of aug and ive dropped my phone and broken the screen and lcd. do i qualify.? 

Message 19 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@paulad1553 wrote:

hi. how do you know if you qualify for this? i upgraded from an s6 to an s8 the end of aug and ive dropped my phone and broken the screen and lcd. do i qualify.? 

You'll have to call O2 and see if it's part of your contract.

202 if you still can or landline number here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 33