O2 System Updates – 360

ColinO2
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello everyone, 

Last year we shared this update around some changes that we’re making to our systems. Since then, we have started the process of migrating customers onto our new platform and this will continue in batches throughout 2023. The aim of these changes is not only to improve your experience with O2, but to allow us to utilise new functionality to provide a better level of service, improved experiences and quicker development of products.

As with any major system change, it can take time to iron out any niggles but alongside rigorous testing, we hope to minimise that. Over the last few years our teams have been working hard in the background to get the new platform ready to start migrating customers across to it. We now have a substantial number of new and existing customers on this new platform and we have a plan that will see the rest of our Pay Monthly customers migrate in batches throughout the year which allows us to control the flow, address any issues and perfect the process.

To our Community regulars: As the year progresses you’ll likely see more and more of our customers asking questions that may have a slightly different solution to the ones you’re used to, so we want to try and help as much as possible over the next few months to align any existing guides with any of these new changes and to give you the information you need to continue doing a fantastic job.

Firstly, you may have come across the name ‘360’ being mentioned, which is the internal name we use when referring to our new platform. When talking about our old/existing platform, we refer to this as our ‘legacy’ system.

To start with we wanted to do a bit of ‘Myth Busting’

• I can’t upgrade in a store as I’m now on a ‘new system’

We have taken a phased approach and we are working towards all our stores having the ability to handle new system queries. In the meantime, there are processes in place to support our customers so regardless of which store you visit, you’ll receive the support you need.

• I can’t get the same deals as I could on the old system

This is incorrect – any of the deals and offers we launch are available on both our legacy and new system, although one of the biggest benefits of our new system will allow us to enrich any future deals or offers.

• When I contact customer services they’re unable to help
    We are providing training and guidance across our business to support this migration, including by establishing a specific set of teams to support customers on our new system. This is constantly growing and evolving as we migrate more of our customers across.

• I can’t view my bills on the new system
    We’re aware that a small proportion of customers are experiencing issues viewing historical bills, and we’re working to resolve that as soon as possible. If you are experiencing these issues, rest assured our customer service teams can help you with your billing in the meantime if you need further support. You can find our customer service contact details here.

• The network feels worse since I migrated

There is no difference in how your phone and sim connect to the network whether you are on our old system or our new one. All services are available and work in exactly the same way.

• How do I stop being moved?

You can’t. We are carrying out this migration in stages so that we can make sure we get it right and remove as many issues as possible whilst completing the process. The new system we are investing in will enrich your experience with O2 and the aim is to maximise the benefits to you as soon as we can. We understand change can be challenging and concerning, but we are doing our utmost to make this as smooth as possible.

• My O2 Looks different

We have made some changes to improve what you can see and do. The aim is to put more control into our customers’ hands and we have introduced some new features to allow this. We will look to share further detail on this as we go forward.

• I’m now getting more O2 notifications

One of the key benefits on our new platform is the real time updates we share with you when you are making changes. This keeps you fully updated and allows us to deliver changes that you are confident will complete.

We want to keep our members and customers as updated as possible – when you do migrate you shouldn’t initially notice a change. Your services and access to O2 will stay exactly the same. As you start to go through making amends to your account and accessing services you may start to see some differences, but in the long term these have all been made to benefit you. Over the next few months we want to work with the teams to update guides and information where needed.

We will look to update where we can on the progress and happy to field any questions here

Thanks

Col

Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6798 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

I'll be happy when they fix seeing past bills. I get 2 months worth, can't view and can't download the pdf.

Not urgent and not worth phoning O2 but annoying

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 11 of 90

ColinO2
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

When accessing the roaming pages we are asked to input our mobile number to check if we are on the new system so as to 'provide the relevant info for our account'

Why is this?

There are some differences to roaming depending on which system you're on, but the main thing to remember is no matter what platform you are on, we still cover roaming in our Europe Zone as part of our tariffs. Your data, minutes and text allowances will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home, up to a 25GB roaming limit. These changes are designed to give you more control, give you a better experience, and reduce the potential of you adding unexpected charges to your bill.

Some of the differences are:

• O2 Travel works slightly differently. For our legacy customers, O2 Travel is active from the first usage through to midnight that day. On our new system, O2 Travel is active for the following 24 hours from the first usage, resulting in a better experience for our customers.
  • If you have no spend limits (or your spend limit allows it), when you exceed your 25GB EU data roaming limit on our legacy system, you're then charged £3.50/GB. On our new system, your usage will be stopped once you hit the 25GB roaming limit at which point you can then buy a data bolt-on to use data again. This helps to prevent potential billing issues and gives you more control.
  • If you have no spend limits (or your spend limit allows it), when you go to a country where EU roaming isn't available, you'll be charged £7.20/MB up to £51.50. On our new system however, you won't be able to access data unless you buy a data bolt-on. This again should provide a better experience and give you more control while helping reduce the potential of bill shock for customers who may otherwise not have expected the above charges.

@Cleoriff wrote:

For years I have been on a sim only contract as I always buy my phone outright.

I haven't noticed any changes with the new billing platform yet. What am expecting to happen to me perssonally?

Honestly, you shouldn't really notice anything. If/when you go abroad you may notice some minor differences and improvements to your experience like highlighted above, but in general you really shouldn't notice any difference once you've been migrated across to our new system. 

@madasaf1sh wrote:

1. Are customers been notified before they are moved, as people are starting ask about DD cancellations and recreations... 

2. Like others why do you have to enter your number to access roaming information, or is this just a test integration.

3. Will there by any User Experience changes to myo2, and would you be able to share these with the community

1. As customers shouldn't notice any real differences to their service after being moved to our new system, and there's no downtime during it (it's designed to be seemless), no communications are sent ahead of time as these could potentially confuse folk or make them think they need to do something which they don't, and it could then prompt folk to contact us unnecessarily which would be a negative experience.

2. See first response

3. We have made some changes to improve what you can see and do. The aim is to put more control into our customers’ hands and we have introduced some new features to allow this. We will look to share further detail on this as we go forward.

@4656A wrote:

Which stores currently have access to the new system? Customers should at least have access to information that saves them a trip to a store that can't help them.

With hundreds of stores across the UK, the number of stores with training on the new system could change daily so it's difficult to give a direct answer. As mentioned in my initial post however, we're taking a phased approach and we're working towards all our stores having the ability to handle new system queries. In the meantime, there are processes in place to support our customers so regardless of which store you visit, you’ll receive the support you need.

@Luke30 wrote:

It won't affect the lenf of my contract will it? Because I am planning to cancel my mobile boardband contract when it comes to an end in July this year and my mobile contact when it comes to an end in January next year.

None of that will change - if your MBB contract is due to end in July for instance, if you're changed onto our new system before then, then your MBB contract will still end in July - just remember to get in touch so we can cancel it down for you and you don't continue paying for it if you don't need/use it.

Message 12 of 90

carwynf
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @ColinO2

I think my account has been transferred to the new system but with issues, on My O2 app and My O2 online my data allowance has not been decreasing as I have been using data. The advisors in customer care can see on the billing system that I use data but on the live one it does not reflect this, shows I still have full data allowance. I have raised this several times but still no updates or fix! Can you help?

Message 13 of 90

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@carwynf wrote:

Hi @ColinO2

I think my account has been transferred to the new system but with issues, on My O2 app and My O2 online my data allowance has not been decreasing as I have been using data. The advisors in customer care can see on the billing system that I use data but on the live one it does not reflect this, shows I still have full data allowance. I have raised this several times but still no updates or fix! Can you help?

Hey @carwynf - I've had a chat with Colin this morning and this shouldn't be an impact from being moved to our new system, so if you get in touch with us via one of our Social Media channels we can take some details and check into this further.

You can find all the O2 social media profiles here.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 14 of 90

carwynf
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Chris_K!

I’ve raised this a few weeks ago and called for updates, being told it was an IT issue. Haven’t heard anything since. Can you help, it feels like I have come to a brick wall. Not sure what to do next?

Message 15 of 90

fedup30
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying to get a specific bill and despite the efforts of your customer service staff who apparently have emailed me the bill in question I have received nothing. Your failure to answer the 202 number over the past couple of days are adding to my frustration. I have faithfully downloaded the previous bills when notified to do so ,sometimes after several attempts and the one bill with important extras I need a record of I can't access. Since this is an open forum I will say no more except to say a complaint has been lodged.

Message 16 of 90

fedup30
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Would have like to have known about the migration to the 360 system when I firstly added on the Travel bolt on before our recent trip outside the European zone and also how I was able to remove it when I returned home ( my wife who added it at the same time cannot) I have apparently been moved to the new system while she has not and she can access her account with no bother. We both spoke to a customer advisor before our trip who assisted with the bolt on. 

Message 17 of 90

Edd-E
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Must be a beautiful day to work on the upgrades line when people all move over to 360.
The old system was certainly something.

Message 18 of 90

360_shambles
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have 2 accounts with O2, one on legacy one on 360.  On the legacy customer service I managed to pay off my contract and upgrade my phone reasonably.

On 360 I have now spent about 5 hours trying to upgrade my contract.  I have "submitted a form" to ask someone to call me back so that I can pay off my handset 3 times, the first was over a week ago now.  No response.  I have asked to have my mobile moved back to the legacy system, but this is not allowed.  This is a shambles!

Message 19 of 90

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@360_shamblesI'll tag @O2Jonathan one of our account advisors. If he has been trained with the 360 billing platform, he may be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 90