Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Yup...

Pay Monthly customers will be credited with two days of monthly airtime subscription charges in January.

Pay As You Go customers will get 10% credit on a top-up and Pay As You Go mobile broadband users will get 10% off a Bolt On purchase, in the new year.
Message 591 of 715

Ant1987
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So would I be compensated for all 3 02 contracts?
Message 592 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 593 of 715

rayh
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

when i send a text message i am still get sorry this message has not been sent 

Message 594 of 715

Sarah3
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was wondering if you will get compensation for everything as I was not able to make or receive call, text or data. I only see a mention for compensating for data & nothing else. I was waiting for an important call as well. I couldn't get hold of my children & they couldn't get hold of me plus my children's school couldn't get hold of me. What compensation will we receive for not being able to use our phones at all?
Message 595 of 715

Ness46
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am still experiencing problems with texts. They appear as if the haven't been sent (saying Retry), but recipient is receiving 8/9 copies of the same text. Looks really unprofessional. Can someone please tell me when this will be sorted out. Its really frustrating.
Message 596 of 715

Smithy466
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm seeing alot posts knocking around suggesting o2 are compensating for loss of service. Is this true and if so what is the process?
Message 597 of 715

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Smithy466 wrote:
I'm seeing alot posts knocking around suggesting o2 are compensating for loss of service. Is this true and if so what is the process?

@Smithy466 you don't have to do anything, it wlll be applied automatically in the New Year. The press release is a few pages back (say 55 onwards). 

Message 598 of 715

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Smithy466, we’re very sorry about yesterday’s data issue. We understand how important it is to stay connected, especially at this time of year. 

As @sheepdog hinted to, we will be in touch with our customers shortly to share: 
• For our Pay Monthly customers, SMB business customers and mobile broadband customers we will be crediting two days of monthly airtime subscription charges by the end of January 
• For our Pay As You Go customers we will be giving a 10% credit on a top-up in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 
• For our Pay As You Go mobile broadband customers we will be giving a 10% discount on a Bolt On purchase in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 

We’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. We’re doing all we can to make sure this issue doesn’t happen again.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 599 of 715

Trev04uk
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My data & SMS texts & phone calls wouldn't work yesterday, and when it did work,because I never knew what the problem was because 02 never informed me, I sent alot of SMS texts trying desperately to get in touch with a number of people but it kept saying not sent, then when it did start working again people were getting lots of texts from me alot of them were the same message and charged me for them all! I'm on pay as you go because I can't afford to pay monthly and I try and use my credit sparing to keep credit ect.. but used alot of texts, and to top it all off I had to pay for recovery for my vehicle to be towed away off the a1 because had to use the emergency phone, and lost a days wage but more to my vehicle breaking down but still got a verbal warning for not ringing my work to tell them I couldn't make it into work, luckily I made it on time to pick my daughter up from school but couldn't even ring the school to tell them I may be late to pick my daughter up, because I couldn't get in touch with anyone to pick her up for me, I never had any problems with Vodafone when I was with them, I've been with 02 for a number of years, and had a lot of problems with them, I can understand a great number of people were trying to ring 02 today, but I was on hold when I rang twice today because I knew it would be pointless ringing yesterday with the volume of calls they would of been getting, I was happy enough to be on hold but rang twice today sat on hold for 40+ minutes, just for them to cut me off twice after waiting that long, but I've read what there doing in a way of compensation, (which in my opinion isn't much of a benefit to us customers specially pay as you go customers) and shows how much they don't really value us customers, even though they will say different, but if they did value us we wouldn't get a measly 10% credit on next top up, considering the inconvenience to alot of us customers personally I think is bad, when this last happened to me on the "Three" network which was only off for 2&half hours they offered me free £15 top up voucher, I know there's alot of people what need there phone more than myself but in a emergency we all need our phones at a time in need. #badcustomerservice
Message 600 of 715