Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

chelynnah
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's not just data.  I have No Service.  So it's calls and texts too in some areas.

Message 171 of 715

saff786
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How much longer is this fault gonna take to fix????? 

Everyone is annoyed and frustrated. Something needs to be done for the loss of service,(some sort of compo) for the members.

Message 172 of 715

Rocky
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
As well as no Data my phone also says ‘Emergency Calls Only’ ,so no calls either , so you only saying it’s Data only that’s not working is incorrect.
Message 173 of 715

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie bean cans and string time . 

I had a twitter notification re outage and all over the radio news . 

Every time it is the same thing everyone moans it is all covered in the t&c lol 

if all down now now a reboot of the systems maybe going on as per o2 well rehearsed disaster recovery plan most probably restoring back to before the failed upgraded 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 174 of 715

Kaustav
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Emily

Do we have any ETA for when the third party will be able to fix the issue? i seem to have lost voice network as well over the past hour.

Message 175 of 715

Rocky
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have that too.
Message 176 of 715

carpets
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anything changed in the last hour as I originally had the O2 network showing on my phone home screen (although no mobile data) and now it shows as No Service for no reason.  I have restarted my phone but no joy

Also, I am unconvinced this is a 'third party' issue as this was the reason O2 gave 3 years when a local issue occured and, after hitting the front pages of our local paper for 2 weeks, O2 admitted it was an issue with an O2 mast being on land that had been sold off nd the mast turned off!!!  This took 6 months to resolve and the customer was still paying for the service.  I did, however, claim for compensation and did OK out of it but shouldn't have had too if O2 was honest in the first place

Also, how is O2 planning to compensate the millions of customers for loss of mobile data while the issue is being investigated as 'high priority' (that's a joke!!) seeing its the customer who is still paying for a service they are not receiving?

Message 177 of 715

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10673 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Yes ~ think outside the box ~ that's it @jonsie

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 178 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can’t do anything unless I’m on WiFi so unfortunately just have to wait until my service is restored, no calls, text or data for me

Message 180 of 715