Did you mean: 

New changes to O2 Travel

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

We’ve got some great news to share around some new changes to O2 Travel. As many of you know, you can travel to many European destinations with O2 Travel for only £1.99 a day for calls, texts and data and from 14th July we’ll be extending O2 Travel to cover 30 new destinations.

What destinations does O2 cover, and what are the costs?

£1.99 a day: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Monaco, Guadeloupe, La Reunion, French Guiana, Martinique, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Vatican, San Marino, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

£3.99 a day: Turkey

£4.99 a day: USA, UAE, Australia, South Africa, Thailand, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Japan, Cape Verde, China, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Albania, Columbia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Panama, Uruguay, Venezuela, Botswana, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Antigua and Barbuda, Honduras, El Salvador.

What’s included and what’s not included?

Included in your daily O2 Travel charge will be all the data you need, 120 minutes to make and receive calls and 120 texts. You'll only be charged on the days you choose to use O2 Travel and the daily charge applies from midnight to midnight UK time and won't be triggered by receiving calls or texts.

Any unused data, calls and texts won't be carried over to the following day. If you go over the daily allowances you'll be charged the standard roaming rates. Premium rate numbers, MMS (picture messages) and other non-standard texts are also not included and will be charged at standard domestic rates.

Opting out of O2 Travel

If you decide that O2 Travel is not right for you, you can opt out by texting NOTRAVEL to 23336. If you opt out, you'll be charged for any data, minutes and texts usage at the standard roaming rates. Data outside of Europe is charged at £6/MB.

Where can I get more info?

Full details can be found here > http://www.o2.co.uk/o2travelupdate

So, what do you think? Got any holidays planned which weren’t covered under O2 Travel, but will be now?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

GJD
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 101 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Thanks Bambino. I'm not too worried as the data costs that have been logged on my online bill/MyO2 are minimal.

O2 Travel in Europe *used* to be worth it for me when (a) standard rate Europe data costs were higher, and (b) when a single text message didn't use to trigger a £2 flat daily fee.

At the end of my 10 day trip (5 days work, 5 days mini holiday tagged on the end) I can see the total charges while abroad just being about £7 rather than the £19.90 it would have cost with O2 Travel. No contest, obviously! slight_smile
Message 11 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

£1.99 a day still?

Vodafone have just introduced new tariffs with inclusive calls, texts and data to use in Europe for free.

come on O2.....pull your finger out!!

Message 12 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Roaming is and always has been money in the bank for O2,  they care nought for customers leaving the UK, just extra revenue for the fat cats.

Message 13 of 25

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
and now no EU legislation to force removal of roaming costs........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 25

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Healthy competition is just as good as regulation.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 25

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
and you think mobile networks will abolish roaming charges if they don't have to ?
Why haven't they done so already, if that's what you think will happen?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 25

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

When the UK eventually does leave the EU there will be a free-for-all on roaming charges. Who's going to tell them they can't do it?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 25

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7199 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Think I'll opt out of o2 travel now after reading that slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 18 of 25

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

EU legislation will still apply to the telecoms industry within the countries we are travelling to and to an extent the charges to any UK network operator. Whether we will see any benefit.....

In fairness, we are all so used to how we use our phone when on vacation we can carry on regardless contributing to Ronan and company.

Message 19 of 25

Beth3070
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Martin

Please can you help me. YOu say in this article the Antigua and Barbuda has been added to the list of countries included in my o2 bolt on for £4.99 per day. but when i go into the website and look at teh countries includd on the pull down menue then Antigua is not in the list. how can i get confirmation that i can use my phone in Antigua 

thank you for any help you can give me

Regard

Beth

Message 20 of 25