Did you mean: 

New changes to O2 Travel

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys, 

We’ve got some great news to share around some new changes to O2 Travel. As many of you know, you can travel to many European destinations with O2 Travel for only £1.99 a day for calls, texts and data and from 14th July we’ll be extending O2 Travel to cover 30 new destinations.

What destinations does O2 cover, and what are the costs?

£1.99 a day: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Monaco, Guadeloupe, La Reunion, French Guiana, Martinique, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Vatican, San Marino, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

£3.99 a day: Turkey

£4.99 a day: USA, UAE, Australia, South Africa, Thailand, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Japan, Cape Verde, China, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Albania, Columbia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Panama, Uruguay, Venezuela, Botswana, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Antigua and Barbuda, Honduras, El Salvador.

What’s included and what’s not included?

Included in your daily O2 Travel charge will be all the data you need, 120 minutes to make and receive calls and 120 texts. You'll only be charged on the days you choose to use O2 Travel and the daily charge applies from midnight to midnight UK time and won't be triggered by receiving calls or texts.

Any unused data, calls and texts won't be carried over to the following day. If you go over the daily allowances you'll be charged the standard roaming rates. Premium rate numbers, MMS (picture messages) and other non-standard texts are also not included and will be charged at standard domestic rates.

Opting out of O2 Travel

If you decide that O2 Travel is not right for you, you can opt out by texting NOTRAVEL to 23336. If you opt out, you'll be charged for any data, minutes and texts usage at the standard roaming rates. Data outside of Europe is charged at £6/MB.

Where can I get more info?

Full details can be found here > http://www.o2.co.uk/o2travelupdate

So, what do you think? Got any holidays planned which weren’t covered under O2 Travel, but will be now?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Beth3070 

It's standatd rates only:

Standard Rates

Our Pay Monthly customers will be charged at the following rate when calling or texting from this country.

Making a local call to landlines or mobiles will always be the same price as calling home when you're abroad.

Sending a picture message (MMS) costs 65p and it's always free to receive a text.

When in:  Antigua and Barbuda     Calling:  United Kingdom (UK)

Making calls - per minute£2.00
Receiving calls - per minute£2.00
Sending texts - per message50p

Cost per MB of using data:

Data usage£7.20*

* O2 will automatically cap your data usage to £51.50 (50 MB) a month whilst you're abroad

Find out more about using data abroad.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 25

Will-44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Are there any changes now post Brexit?
Message 22 of 25

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Will-44
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@jonsie I didn't see any reporting on this when the Brexit deal was announced so maybe mobile networks are exempt from deals made between Britain and the European Union.
Message 24 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Remember it works both ways, so EU citizens visiting the UK get the same benefits. It's in the interests of all networks across Europe to maintain the system that's currently working.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 25