Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Posts: 7,039
Registered: ‎18-02-2016

New changes to O2 Travel

Hey guys, 

 

We’ve got some great news to share around some new changes to O2 Travel. As many of you know, you can travel to many European destinations with O2 Travel for only £1.99 a day for calls, texts and data and from 14th July we’ll be extending O2 Travel to cover 30 new destinations.

 

What destinations does O2 cover, and what are the costs?

£1.99 a day: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Monaco, Guadeloupe, La Reunion, French Guiana, Martinique, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Vatican, San Marino, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

 

£3.99 a day: Turkey

 

£4.99 a day: USA, UAE, Australia, South Africa, Thailand, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Japan, Cape Verde, China, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Albania, Columbia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Panama, Uruguay, Venezuela, Botswana, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Antigua and Barbuda, Honduras, El Salvador.

 

What’s included and what’s not included?

Included in your daily O2 Travel charge will be all the data you need, 120 minutes to make and receive calls and 120 texts. You'll only be charged on the days you choose to use O2 Travel and the daily charge applies from midnight to midnight UK time and won't be triggered by receiving calls or texts.

 

Any unused data, calls and texts won't be carried over to the following day. If you go over the daily allowances you'll be charged the standard roaming rates. Premium rate numbers, MMS (picture messages) and other non-standard texts are also not included and will be charged at standard domestic rates.

 

Opting out of O2 Travel

If you decide that O2 Travel is not right for you, you can opt out by texting NOTRAVEL to 23336. If you opt out, you'll be charged for any data, minutes and texts usage at the standard roaming rates. Data outside of Europe is charged at £6/MB.

 

Where can I get more info?

Full details can be found here > http://www.o2.co.uk/o2travelupdate

 

So, what do you think? Got any holidays planned which weren’t covered under O2 Travel, but will be now?

 

 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help


If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Posts: 80,325
Topics: 573
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: New changes to O2 Travel

The world is very small these days compared to years ago when travel costs prohibited anywhere outside of France or Spain. O2 and all the other networks need to realise that people now travel to the ends of the earth. My god soon we will colonise the moon.  Is it too much to ask that O2 Travel could extend a mere 3000 miles away to Thailand.

Network charges here are far cheaper than any other destinations so why do you want to charge me silly prices to utilise my contract. 5 months and my contract with O2 ends so thanks for not much!

Highlighted
Posts: 88,251
Topics: 738
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: New changes to O2 Travel

@viridis posted this information yesterday..... and a lot of us had texts soon after....

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/O2-travel-extension/m-p/980654

Personally?..... I think it's expensive compared to some other networks

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Posts: 80,325
Topics: 573
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: New changes to O2 Travel

Couldnt agree more @Cleoriff
@Cleoriff wrote:

@viridis posted this information yesterday..... and a lot of us had texts soon after....

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/O2-travel-extension/m-p/980654

Personally?..... I think it's expensive compared to some other networks


Highlighted
Level 67: Unsung hero
Posts: 15,415
Registered: ‎31-03-2010

Re: New changes to O2 Travel

Compared to Three's 'Feel At Home' policy, O2 Travel is a joke. When I travel to the US, my roaming charges using my Three sim are zero, allowing me to make and receive calls and texts to and from the UK and use my data allowance with no extra charges.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2



Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Level 6: Acolyte
Posts: 101
Registered: ‎17-11-2012

Re: New changes to O2 Travel

Hello,

I'm now on a train between Barcelona and Valencia (gorgeous weather, thanks!). Smiley Wink Before this trip I decided to switch off O2 Travel. Having looked at the My O2 app, it's indeed proving cheaper than O2 Travel (which I ditched since they shoved text messages and calls into the bundle).

HOWEVER... I'm still getting very wrong text messages like this:

"You've nearly hit your 1GB data limit worth £43. If you want to use more you'll need to increase your monthly spending limit to £120 (2.8GB) by texting DATALIMIT200 to 23336. For terms see o2.co.uk/terms"

I've used less than 100MB over the six days I've been here in Spain, so this is plainly wrong, and My O2 says I've spent less than £3 on data.

So it seems O2 have not updated their automatic text warning systems since the new much cheaper prices have come in. I wonder if any O2 reps on here could pass this on? I'm just hoping it doesn't shut off my data prematurely! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Posts: 88,251
Topics: 738
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: New changes to O2 Travel


@Bambino wrote:

Compared to Three's 'Feel At Home' policy, O2 Travel is a joke. When I travel to the US, my roaming charges using my Three sim are zero, allowing me to make and receive calls and texts to and from the UK and use my data allowance with no extra charges.


So @Bambino you mean you wont be taking advantage of O2's offer?. It would only cost you £4.99 a day

What a joke!

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Posts: 102,235
Topics: 550
Registered: ‎04-04-2012

Re: New changes to O2 Travel


@GJD wrote:
Hello,

I'm now on a train between Barcelona and Valencia (gorgeous weather, thanks!). Smiley Wink Before this trip I decided to switch off O2 Travel. Having looked at the My O2 app, it's indeed proving cheaper than O2 Travel (which I ditched since they shoved text messages and calls into the bundle).

HOWEVER... I'm still getting very wrong text messages like this:

"You've nearly hit your 1GB data limit worth £43. If you want to use more you'll need to increase your monthly spending limit to £120 (2.8GB) by texting DATALIMIT200 to 23336. For terms see o2.co.uk/terms"

I've used less than 100MB over the six days I've been here in Spain, so this is plainly wrong, and My O2 says I've spent less than £3 on data.

So it seems O2 have not updated their automatic text warning systems since the new much cheaper prices have come in. I wonder if any O2 reps on here could pass this on? I'm just hoping it doesn't shut off my data prematurely! Smiley Happy

They have only just updated the website with the correct info, so texts may take a little longer!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Posts: 80,325
Topics: 573
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: New changes to O2 Travel

My contract here would be useless if not for TU. O2 need to be competitive but they are not.

Highlighted
Level 67: Unsung hero
Posts: 15,415
Registered: ‎31-03-2010

Re: New changes to O2 Travel

[ Edited ]

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

Compared to Three's 'Feel At Home' policy, O2 Travel is a joke. When I travel to the US, my roaming charges using my Three sim are zero, allowing me to make and receive calls and texts to and from the UK and use my data allowance with no extra charges.


So @Bambino you mean you wont be taking advantage of O2's offer?. It would only cost you £4.99 a day

What a joke!


No @Cleoriff, I don't believe I will.Happy Dance

 

@GJD If you're concerned about your bill, you can call customer service for free from abroad using your mobile on +44 3448090202. This is a customer to customer forum. There are no O2 reps here.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2



Funniest-Thread-2