Did you mean: 

Introducing Volt – the new supercharged service from Virgin Media O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
Volt_Banner_Crop_2.gif

UPDATE: We've seem some repeat questions and common issues being raised. We've added an update here so if you're experiencing issues, please read this first and see our post-weekend update here too.

Good morning all. What a week this is going to be! This morning we have introduced Volt to the world, the new supercharged service from Virgin Media O2. Our press release was published here this morning with notes and sources, but I've copied the juicy bits below.

Whether you're an O2 customer, a VM customer, both, or none, you can check out our handy website here which will show you how you can get supercharged.

Can I get Volt benefits for everyone in my household who’s on O2?

If you have Virgin Media broadband in your name, you’ll be able to get Volt benefits for all O2 Pay Monthly plans in your name, in your household. But we’re expanding this. Soon, anyone in your household with their own O2 Pay Monthly plan will be able to get Volt benefits through the household’s Virgin Media broadband account. Keep an eye on My O2 and you’ll see the option to activate Volt benefits when it becomes available to you, and you can also stay up to date by visiting https://www.o2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2

_16-9 Screens_v001.jpg

First joint product gives customers the best of both brands, with even greater value on UK’s fastest major broadband provider and award winning mobile network

• Volt marks the first major launch since Virgin Media and O2’s £31bn merger earlier this year
  • Gig 1 broadband available for the first time in a bundle, combined with an unlimited data O2 SIM and TV favourites
  • Existing customers simply need to register to get their services supercharged – for free
  • Volt brings faster broadband speeds, double mobile data and discounts

London, UK: Virgin Media O2 is today lifting the lid on its first ever joint product, Volt, bringing together award winning connectivity and amazing entertainment from both Virgin Media and O2, to give customers even more from their services – more speed, more data and more value.

Virgin Media and O2 customers can now supercharge their services and reap extra rewards simply by being customers of both brands. Volt offers double the broadband speed, double the mobile data and discounts on connected devices when customers have or choose to take a broadband service from Virgin Media and a Pay Monthly plan from O2. What’s more, customers with an O2 plan can access exclusive rewards, perks and experiences from Priority – one of the UK’s best loyalty initiatives.

The new joint offering comes less than 150 days since Virgin Media O2 launched, building on the company’s momentum of almost 13 million gigabit premises passed and 5G coverage from O2 expanded to 210 locations. Volt highlights Virgin Media O2’s commitment to offer more choice, convenience and innovation with seamless broadband, entertainment and mobile services all available under one roof.

Exclusive Virgin Media O2 Volt benefits include:

• A broadband speed boost to the next tier available (e.g. 100Mbps boosted to 200Mbps)
  • Double mobile data on all eligible O2 Pay Monthly plans (e.g. 10GB boosted to 20GB)
  • Up to £150 off a connected device such as a tablet or smartwatch when taking a new O2 Pay Monthly Custom plan
  • WiFi Pods available to bolster connectivity around the home
  • Roaming in 75 countries including USA, Australia and Spain with O2 Travel

Volt is available to both new and existing customers, offering exclusive benefits to account holders no matter what broadband package or eligible Pay Monthly plan they take. Those new to either Virgin Media or O2 will be able to upgrade to Volt when they add relevant services to their connectivity line-up, while existing customers of both Virgin Media and O2 simply need to enrol via MyO2 to get their services supercharged – at no additional cost.

Jeff Dodds, Chief Operating Officer at Virgin Media O2 said,

“With Volt, we’re combining the speed and reliability of Virgin Media’s broadband and O2’s mobile networks alongside a variety of incredible perks to give our customers more.

“The launch of converged services in less than 150 days as a business is a huge milestone moment and demonstrates the momentum we have behind our commitment to supercharge connectivity across the UK. This is just the start.”

This exciting milestone for Virgin Media O2 means that consumers who do not currently take services from either brand can supercharge their package with Volt from the get-go, with new bundles containing an O2 SIM and Virgin Media broadband available on 18 month contracts. The new packages include the ‘Big Volt’ bundle, ‘Bigger Volt’ bundle and ‘Ultimate Volt’ bundle, all of which come with the exclusive Volt benefits and boosts to offer customers more. Pricing for Volt bundles start from £40 per month for 200Mbps Broadband (boosted from 100Mbps), Talk More Weekends and a 10GB O2 SIM (boosted from 5GB). The top Volt bundle (Ultimate Volt bundle) includes Gig1 broadband, an unlimited data O2 SIM, tonnes of TV favourites and two TV 360 boxes, available for £99 per month.

Supercharging small businesses

Small businesses and start-ups who take a Voom broadband service from Virgin Media Business and an eligible O2 Small Biz tariff can also supercharge their services, with 4G start-up and back-up, double mobile data and exclusive perks from Priority.

Virgin Media O2 is the leading converged challenger in the market, pairing O2’s award winning mobile network and the UK’s fastest major broadband provider to enhance connectivity for customers at home and on the go. With Virgin Media’s rapid gigabit broadband rollout and O2’s commitment to deliver 5G to half the UK population in 2023, Virgin Media O2 is just getting started.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 524
523 REPLIES 523

DAWRY
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have both the speed boost on VM activated, and the Add-ons for International calls (@£1 [one pound] per month) and the additional countries for roaming (This includes the USA) with out the £5 per day charge.
Hopefully these O2 add-ons will be activated on my wifes O2 account.
currently O2 requires that the VM account holders name and address match, (Name must be identical, if initials on one and name on the other Volt check fails. also if the address is entered slightly different?

Message 471 of 524

Calumk22
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im losing the will to live! my O2 account is in my name at my address, my virgin media is in my name and my address but no one seems to be able to help me set up the benefits of VOLT virgin direct me to O2 and O2 direct me to virgin im going in circles and have sent emails since last week and im yet to hear anything at all

Message 472 of 524

thetoiletduck
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in the exact same position as the user above. I am with Virgin and O2 with the exact same details and it won't let me apply my double data.

Message 473 of 524

DAWRY
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was already with VM, I took out a new O2 account, through a phone call initially with VM retentions, moving my just arranged costing on M200, moved down to M100, VM sorted the O2 account, I may have been put through to O2. The speed double was instant, back up to M200, and my O2 add-ons appeared when i created my O2 logon., My issues now are for my wife's new O2 account, which hopefully will happen when O2 open up to address only match.
A phone call to VM retentions may help get it sorted, or maybe walk into an O2 shop?

Message 474 of 524

ruggz
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have been with this service virgin media since the days of Telewest, Blueyonder, and of course  Virgin Media somewhat 20 years. With everything contract wise under my name yet I can not claim my Volt upgrades recently after upgrading my phone, as it say that Virgin Media is not Available at my address. My other phone had the plan added, contract ran out so decided to get another newer model. 

Now with my new phone I'm missing all the features from Volt and says what i mentioned above about volt not being available here(using vmedia now to write this and since found out is a common problem and nothing to worry about however........) I urge other users who are doing a phone upgrade or Sim card swap to check and make sure they are not missing out. so  right now am  losing out 2x mobile data which was the reason I was on volt and decided to a new  upgrade to a custom plan for my data tariff which is just the same as i applied for which was 20gb (with volt should be 40). 

However I feel volt wasn't carried over to my new plan. So please check and make sure you are getting what they promised. This is  more of a heads up message as I will no doubt be on the phone tomorrow for some time getting this fixed grin am bit miffed with not getting what I should, Volt was a good option when it worked for me....

Message 475 of 524

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

That message is a common one - you do need to talk to O2 about it, you can get through to O2 via any of the Social Media platforms, link just below this message, @ruggz - it could be a simple typo in one or other of the addresses, either O2 or VM side.

1648704020976.jpg

The link under the "Find out more" (shown above) did the same for me for a few days last October, then, all of a sudden, one day, it worked and 14 days later, my O2 data doubled, and a few days later, my VM went from M100 to 200M, after a reboot of my VM hub.

Screenshot_20220106-144457.png

An unhelpful prompt, yes. Good luck with O2's Social Media Team today!

Message 476 of 524

Raff1
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Renewed my virginmedia package to VM ultimate Volt bundle includes O2 Sim in January 2022 we are just over 3 months into this package and have been stung by O2 with a price increase will be weary in the future as I was assured by virginmedia price increases will not apply to my package

Message 477 of 524

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Raff1 wrote:

Renewed my virginmedia package to VM ultimate Volt bundle includes O2 Sim in January 2022 we are just over 3 months into this package and have been stung by O2 with a price increase will be weary in the future as I was assured by virginmedia price increases will not apply to my package

That increase covers the RPI, is a yearly thing and happens with all the mobile telecoms carriers, @Raff1:

O2: https://www.o2.co.uk/prices

Voda: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/pricechanges

EE: https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/billing-usage-and-top-up/price-increase/price-increase

Blame the economy in general - that's what drives inflation and the Retail Price Index (and oil price hikes too, contribute, of course).  You'd have been exposed to it regardless of whose tariff or offer you took - like death, taxes are a fact of life...

Message 478 of 524

DAWRY
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It looks like the VM account name match has been dropped, I have Volt benefits applied, now looking at my wife's, Her MyO2 account states volt is available, click below, this takes you to a ne VM customer page, no way of linking her O2 Acct with the household VM account. will try calling O2, complete farce from O2 again

Message 479 of 524

DAWRY
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

VM / O2 Volt eligibility by Household address alone coming active on April 12th

Message 480 of 524