Did you mean: 

Introducing Volt – the new supercharged service from Virgin Media O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
Volt_Banner_Crop_2.gif

UPDATE: We've seem some repeat questions and common issues being raised. We've added an update here so if you're experiencing issues, please read this first and see our post-weekend update here too.

Good morning all. What a week this is going to be! This morning we have introduced Volt to the world, the new supercharged service from Virgin Media O2. Our press release was published here this morning with notes and sources, but I've copied the juicy bits below.

Whether you're an O2 customer, a VM customer, both, or none, you can check out our handy website here which will show you how you can get supercharged.

Can I get Volt benefits for everyone in my household who’s on O2?

If you have Virgin Media broadband in your name, you’ll be able to get Volt benefits for all O2 Pay Monthly plans in your name, in your household. But we’re expanding this. Soon, anyone in your household with their own O2 Pay Monthly plan will be able to get Volt benefits through the household’s Virgin Media broadband account. Keep an eye on My O2 and you’ll see the option to activate Volt benefits when it becomes available to you, and you can also stay up to date by visiting https://www.o2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2

_16-9 Screens_v001.jpg

First joint product gives customers the best of both brands, with even greater value on UK’s fastest major broadband provider and award winning mobile network

• Volt marks the first major launch since Virgin Media and O2’s £31bn merger earlier this year
  • Gig 1 broadband available for the first time in a bundle, combined with an unlimited data O2 SIM and TV favourites
  • Existing customers simply need to register to get their services supercharged – for free
  • Volt brings faster broadband speeds, double mobile data and discounts

London, UK: Virgin Media O2 is today lifting the lid on its first ever joint product, Volt, bringing together award winning connectivity and amazing entertainment from both Virgin Media and O2, to give customers even more from their services – more speed, more data and more value.

Virgin Media and O2 customers can now supercharge their services and reap extra rewards simply by being customers of both brands. Volt offers double the broadband speed, double the mobile data and discounts on connected devices when customers have or choose to take a broadband service from Virgin Media and a Pay Monthly plan from O2. What’s more, customers with an O2 plan can access exclusive rewards, perks and experiences from Priority – one of the UK’s best loyalty initiatives.

The new joint offering comes less than 150 days since Virgin Media O2 launched, building on the company’s momentum of almost 13 million gigabit premises passed and 5G coverage from O2 expanded to 210 locations. Volt highlights Virgin Media O2’s commitment to offer more choice, convenience and innovation with seamless broadband, entertainment and mobile services all available under one roof.

Exclusive Virgin Media O2 Volt benefits include:

• A broadband speed boost to the next tier available (e.g. 100Mbps boosted to 200Mbps)
  • Double mobile data on all eligible O2 Pay Monthly plans (e.g. 10GB boosted to 20GB)
  • Up to £150 off a connected device such as a tablet or smartwatch when taking a new O2 Pay Monthly Custom plan
  • WiFi Pods available to bolster connectivity around the home
  • Roaming in 75 countries including USA, Australia and Spain with O2 Travel

Volt is available to both new and existing customers, offering exclusive benefits to account holders no matter what broadband package or eligible Pay Monthly plan they take. Those new to either Virgin Media or O2 will be able to upgrade to Volt when they add relevant services to their connectivity line-up, while existing customers of both Virgin Media and O2 simply need to enrol via MyO2 to get their services supercharged – at no additional cost.

Jeff Dodds, Chief Operating Officer at Virgin Media O2 said,

“With Volt, we’re combining the speed and reliability of Virgin Media’s broadband and O2’s mobile networks alongside a variety of incredible perks to give our customers more.

“The launch of converged services in less than 150 days as a business is a huge milestone moment and demonstrates the momentum we have behind our commitment to supercharge connectivity across the UK. This is just the start.”

This exciting milestone for Virgin Media O2 means that consumers who do not currently take services from either brand can supercharge their package with Volt from the get-go, with new bundles containing an O2 SIM and Virgin Media broadband available on 18 month contracts. The new packages include the ‘Big Volt’ bundle, ‘Bigger Volt’ bundle and ‘Ultimate Volt’ bundle, all of which come with the exclusive Volt benefits and boosts to offer customers more. Pricing for Volt bundles start from £40 per month for 200Mbps Broadband (boosted from 100Mbps), Talk More Weekends and a 10GB O2 SIM (boosted from 5GB). The top Volt bundle (Ultimate Volt bundle) includes Gig1 broadband, an unlimited data O2 SIM, tonnes of TV favourites and two TV 360 boxes, available for £99 per month.

Supercharging small businesses

Small businesses and start-ups who take a Voom broadband service from Virgin Media Business and an eligible O2 Small Biz tariff can also supercharge their services, with 4G start-up and back-up, double mobile data and exclusive perks from Priority.

Virgin Media O2 is the leading converged challenger in the market, pairing O2’s award winning mobile network and the UK’s fastest major broadband provider to enhance connectivity for customers at home and on the go. With Virgin Media’s rapid gigabit broadband rollout and O2’s commitment to deliver 5G to half the UK population in 2023, Virgin Media O2 is just getting started.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 522
521 REPLIES 521

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9846 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions

Looks good, but I have 1Gig Ultimate Ooomph with VM, with TV etc and have my o2 contracts as well so how does this work @Chris_K 

Ignore me sussed it slight_smile

--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,
Message 2 of 522

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

Awesome news, but rather annoying as our Virgin account is in my wife's maiden name and my o2 account is in my name so don't think it works for me.

On Myo2 it says I either have Volt benefits or can't get them in our area.

Logging into Virgin and I can see the double data or £150 off a device but nothing else.

So I guess the fact that the two accounts have different names means it doesn't work - and will probably be an issue for others when the two accounts are in different (or maybe even joint) names...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 522

nixhud
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a similar issue. my VM is in my husbands name but at my address obv which is what I thought they based it on? Have gone into my O2 account and it also says you already have Volt benefits or can't get in your area. Why wouldn't they be available in my area if I have Virgin broadband and tv? More info on this would be appreciated!

Message 4 of 522

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

Looks like it's going well for this customer too.

Volt not applied!! - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 522

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9846 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions

Worked for me first time, just had to go into each individual account.

Also the information is I believe linked to Information provided by Virgin Media.....

--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,
Message 6 of 522

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Awesome news, but rather annoying as our Virgin account is in my wife's maiden name and my o2 account is in my name so don't think it works for me.

This is something we're looking into but as yet have no further details I'm afraid. Soon as there's any updates, I'll try and update you

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 7 of 522

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I need to spend some time to make sure it's all working. Although there is maintenance work from virginmedia tomorrow in my area.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 522

ChasWinaFlurry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, if I'm on the 500mb service I'll get upgraded to the 1gig service for no extra monthly charge?

I am with both companies.  They're both in my name.  I did the register thing and it said up to 14 days, so, I guess it's just a waiting game now to see what happens.

Can't help but thinking there's a big fat catch sat somewhere waiting to pounce!

Message 9 of 522

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I am wondering because it says my package is already upgraded. Yet it is the same broadband speed stated. Time will tell.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 10 of 522