Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, a few queries: 1. I am on the yearly early upgrade programme (got my iphone 7 256gb last September on release date). I am waiting for the iphone X but my early upgrade is already available, can I wait till November or will it have expired then? 2. If I pre-order online can I collect the iphone X in store?  3. Do I need to give my iphone 7 back to the store for early upgrade? Thanks 
Message 121 of 1,685

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, a few queries: 1. I am on the yearly early upgrade programme (got my iphone 7 256gb last September on release date). I am waiting for the iphone X but my early upgrade is already available, can I wait till November or will it have expired then? 2. If I pre-order online can I collect the iphone X in store?  3. Do I need to give my iphone 7 back to the store for early upgrade? Thanks 

1 Yes any date after the first 12 months

2 You need to do the whole process in store so unsure about preorder @Chris_K maybe able to clarify

3 You take the 7 back to the store they inspect it for any issues then use the value on o2 recycle to pay remainder of the device cca and if the value is less than cca value pay the diferance as well see my post here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Congratulations-again-to-the-Yeovil-store/td-p/1076306

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 122 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a time scale to when O2 will be offering cellular connectivity for the Apple Watch 3?
Message 123 of 1,685

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9846 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 2974 Solutions
Not as yet, also we don’t know how long the BT exclusive deal is with Apple
--
This is a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on here, and we do not have access to any personal or account information,

We are all customers like you and I don't work for o2,
Message 124 of 1,685

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous keep an eye on the first page but @Chris_K has confirmed in manu posts it will not be supported at the moment

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 125 of 1,685

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

[Chris_K wrote:

Q. Can I get my student discount on the new iPhone(s)?
A. Student discount won’t be available during pre-order. We’ll let you know once this becomes available]

I was planning on getting the X at launch can you confirm this student discount information @Chris_K?

I am a student and was planning on getting it with student discount, are you telling me that I cannot get student discount if i preorder to get it at launch?

If I dont preorder at launch and wait for whenever student discount is allowed again, this could mean weeks if not longer to get the model I want given expected low stock levels for orders placed later after launch... can you please confirm details about this as I think it is a little unfair that if I cannot use student discount at launch I will be forced to either preorder it and get no student discount, or wait weeks or months later to get it to get my discount angry

Message 126 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@madasaf1sh wrote:
Not as yet, also we don’t know how long the BT exclusive deal is with Apple

*sigh* Stop saying inaccurate statements. There's no BT exclusive deal with Apple.

Message 127 of 1,685

Dancamz
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dancamz wrote:

@[Chris_K wrote:

Q. Can I get my student discount on the new iPhone(s)?
A. Student discount won’t be available during pre-order. We’ll let you know once this becomes available]

I was planning on getting the X at launch can you confirm this student discount information @Chris_K?

I am a student and was planning on getting it with student discount, are you telling me that I cannot get student discount if i preorder to get it at launch?

If I dont preorder at launch and wait for whenever student discount is allowed again, this could mean weeks if not longer to get the model I want given expected low stock levels for orders placed later after launch... can you please confirm details about this as I think it is a little unfair that if I cannot use student discount at launch I will be forced to either preorder it and get no student discount, or wait weeks or months later to get it to get my discount angry

Could @Chris_K or someone answer and clarify this as it will heavily influence whether I get the 8plus or wait it out for the X preorders 😕 

Message 128 of 1,685

Apple-Watch-3
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When will the Apple Watch Series 3 be available on O2? Everyone is considering moving to EE!
Message 129 of 1,685

Apple-Watch-3
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Apparently due to the very small size of the antenna in the Apple Watch Series 3, the only network capable of supporting it at the moment is EE due to the spectrum of their signals. This is the only reason that sounds plausible so far. It’s nothing to do with exclusivity EE says. I’m considering a move to EE. I’ve been a loyal O2 customer for years and years, but it seems O2 are lagging behind. O2’s customers need a date so we have an idea of when we’ll get the Watch!!!
Message 130 of 1,685