cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never activated my SIM, cancelled my direct debit. Still being charged!

BartonFink
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got a SIM with volt, but I never activated it. I wanted to cancel the contract since I have no need for it but I couldn’t access my account because the phone number all the security codes are sent to are for the sim I never activated. When trying to change the phone number I also need to access a code via this SIM I haven’t activated.

Virgin told me to just cancel the direct debit since I’m not using the service. So I did.

But now O2 have fined me and keep charging me monthly, with bills accruing.

I can’t speak to anyone or change any account info so I have no idea how to end this contract. I haven’t activated or used this SIM and have no need for it. 

if anyone could help, that’d be great!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10574 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@BartonFink 

Wrong thing to do, as your Volt sim was sent activated, and you agreed to the contract which included the sim card and hence you got a discounted price on your Virgin Service..

You can expect Virgin to increase the cost of your Virgin Service..  as well as having to pay o2 to cancel the contract, or pay what you owe as o2 may have passed it to a Debt Collection agency... 

You will need to call o2 and cancel the contract correctly... Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

If you need a new sim as the one you had was lost then you will need to go to an o2 shop with Photo ID and they can issue a new sim.. 

Next time read your contract, and I would put in a complaint to Virgin for giving misleading advice, to just get you off the phone..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10574 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@BartonFink 

Wrong thing to do, as your Volt sim was sent activated, and you agreed to the contract which included the sim card and hence you got a discounted price on your Virgin Service..

You can expect Virgin to increase the cost of your Virgin Service..  as well as having to pay o2 to cancel the contract, or pay what you owe as o2 may have passed it to a Debt Collection agency... 

You will need to call o2 and cancel the contract correctly... Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

If you need a new sim as the one you had was lost then you will need to go to an o2 shop with Photo ID and they can issue a new sim.. 

Next time read your contract, and I would put in a complaint to Virgin for giving misleading advice, to just get you off the phone..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2