Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring esim

iirpm23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i just purchased a new iphone and would like to transfer my o2 esim to it. the ios esim transfer process doesn't work. is there a way to get a qr code from o2 i can scan to install the esim?

the o2 app says i should call support, but i'm also abroad in asia so not sure i can do so free of charge.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@iirpm23 

In your MyO2

esim install.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

hilo
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah, you can't do this on your own. The transfer doesn't work, and even if you remove the eSIM from the current phone and try to use a profile or a QR code from the website, it will tell you that this request is incorrect (because the QR code and profile are not unique and were generated and "allocated" to your old phone with a different IMEI).

You need to perform a SIM swap with tech support. This is the only way. But you will be left with no services until the new eSIM is generated.

Message 3 of 6

iirpm23
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

the sim is listed as active and can't do anything on that page. do i need to delete the esim from my current device? 

Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 17.51.09.png

Message 4 of 6

iirpm23
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yeah looks like it, o2 app and site doesn't allow it

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11539 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

Yes you need to delete the sim from your phone first before the app and website show a new esim can be involved.

Whether it works or not is hit and miss....

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 6 of 6