Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

Janine_S
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No replies on social media either except to tell me to try something which won't work, iMessage won't activate because the SMS is being sent to a different sim. Until the port is sorted properly then it will never work.

Message 231 of 271

BenM
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Ryan - can you reply to my PM please?

Message 232 of 271

Janine_S
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's Ryan finished for the day with no information on a resolution. So another day in split port limbo for me, 19 days and still not fixed and no Volt double data either.

Message 233 of 271

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37284 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@BenM @Janine_S - handover to @O2Emma who is on at 15:00. Fingers crossed you each get an answer, or an update 🤞

Message 234 of 271

Janine_S
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'd cancel and go back to Three but I can't because of the split port. Quite frankly I've had enough of the whole thing.

Message 235 of 271

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @Janine_S I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

Hi @BenM I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 236 of 271

DSB1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can someone help me?  Having same iphone issues I have just changed from Three to O2 and since the changeover have experienced imessage issues and can’t receive facetime either.  My daughter transferred over a couple pf months ago and is in exactly the same position.  We are both in limbo.  Have been in touch with Apple technical manager in the US who has run diagnostics on my phone and the same as previous posts has said that O2 need to check/test that I have the ability on my account to send text messages internationally.  I have also visited an O2 shop who checked the SIM card and installed a new one, and said thatI need to speak to O2 technical (I did seemed to be an Indian call centre and they could not help whatsoever).  I also visited the Apple genius bar, again who rechecked my phone and reconfirmed that my that my phone is set up perfectly and something needs to be altered on the O2 side.  As I confirm that nothing has worked since the time of changeover.  Please can someone help, I am wondering if I’ve done the right thing by swapping to O2?

Message 237 of 271

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93341 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

It sounds like iData has not been set up on the account by customer service

Call them on 202 and keep calling until someone has the knowledge and aptitude to help check this on your account

Message 238 of 271

DSB1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your help.  Have called several times, getting very frustrated.  Told idata does not exist. Finally got through to someone technical who added a “bolt” on for my phone.  However, the issue has not been resolved and I am going round in circles.  No one can offer any solution so far which is absolutely disgusting.

Message 239 of 271

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37284 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@DSB1 wrote:

Thank you for your help.  Have called several times, getting very frustrated.  Told idata does not exist. Finally got through to someone technical who added a “bolt” on for my phone.  However, the issue has not been resolved and I am going round in circles.  No one can offer any solution so far which is absolutely disgusting.

It is possible that the O2 Advisor on the Forum this evening may be able to help, @DSB1 - can you take a look, please. @O2Emma, please? Thanks!

Message 240 of 271