Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

Sara87
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same issues however I haven't moved to O2, they have sent me out a new sim to try and solve issues of calls going straight through to a missed call and not even ringing along with the fact some people don't even get my messages/imessages and viseversa. 
I now have no Facetime or iMessage when I live in a remote area and rely on these to stay in contact with family. O2 are saying it must be an issue with Apple and I need to go to a store over an hour away from my home, Apple have gone through every step and still nothing is showing up apart from O2 being the route cause.

Message 41 of 271

Jumzbrukz
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa I’m also having the same issue, I’ve tried all of the recommended troubleshooting but still not working since I had my number ported on Thursday. Can you help me sort this please? 

Message 42 of 271

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @Jumzbrukz, from previous customers I have noticed iMessage can take up to 72hrs to activate. 
If you are still having any problems I’ll tag our advisor who’s online this morning @O2Sarah.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 271

Jumzbrukz
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Lisa, it’s been this way since Thursday and still no luck activating iMessage 

Message 44 of 271

Jumzbrukz
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is this something you can look into please @O2Sarah 

Message 45 of 271

James111
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tagging @O2Sarah- (the "-" is needed).

Message 46 of 271

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Hi @Jumzbrukz  I will send you a private message so we can look into this for you 

Message 47 of 271

Sara87
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently 120 hours in, still nothing. Two days of speaking directly with Apple as the O2 advisor on the phone told me it was an Apple issue, strangely the issue didn't appear until I did a sim swap. Same network, same number, same everything yet I am completely without iMessage or facetime.

Message 48 of 271

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94071 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

For both imessage and Facetime to not be working it's nearly always that iData is not activated on the account

I would call them again and ask them to check this

If iData is activated then make sure your APN is set to : idata.o2.co.uk

Message 49 of 271

Sara87
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I originally called they said this was active, funny because when I have just called again it wasn't active. Call again in 24/48 hours if its still not working.....*** and then hung up!

Message 50 of 271