Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

huawei Y6

angiem_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In need to replace my 89 yr old mums iphone 5S as it has stopped working. She only needs a basic phone and I've been advised that a Huawei Y6 is affordable. I need to check that I can use her existing Sim card to transfer to a Huawei Y6. Is it easy to download apps as she relies on Whatsapp for facetime and photos.

Thank you

Angie Smith

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@angiem_ 

Both phones take a nano sim so swapping sims is fine.

WhatsApp is also available but not actual Facetime (although you can video call in WhatsApp).

Her data package may need changing though but check if data works first in the new phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@angiem_ 

Both phones take a nano sim so swapping sims is fine.

WhatsApp is also available but not actual Facetime (although you can video call in WhatsApp).

Her data package may need changing though but check if data works first in the new phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23195 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions
@angiem_ You might want to think about getting your mum a newer refurbished model iPhone, as she's much more likely to be familiar with the way the phone works and can have the same apps on it that she has now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3