Did you mean: 

eSIM Issues - "Code is no longer valid"

Verizon_User
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I am visiting the UK from the USA and will be here for another three months. My carrier in the US is Verizon Wirelss. I was going to set up eSIM in the US with Verizon and was told to contact them when I got to the UK. Now that I am here they cannot set me up with eSIM because I need to be on their network... Anyway, I have decided to get a rolling 30 day contract with O2 which provides eSIM. I plan on using O2's eSIM and Verizon's physical SIM to have access to both lines. I have installed my Verizon SIM and have recieved O2's eSIM pack with a QR code after setting up the line. When I scan the QR code I get an error message that reads as follows:

Cellular Plan Cannot be Added

This code is no longer valid. Contact your carrier for more information. 

I have tried to get in touch with an O2 rep but cannot get through to anyone after constant holding. When I insert the O2 physical SIM the line works fine, but I cannot get the eSIM to activate. Any suggestions or expierence on what my next steps may be?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149313 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

@Verizon_User 

I can only suggest you call into any O2 store for a new eSim pack or for them to check what's happening with yours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149313 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions

@Verizon_User 

I can only suggest you call into any O2 store for a new eSim pack or for them to check what's happening with yours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Verizon_User just checking if you managed to sort this out or are you still having trouble?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3