Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling

KHarris
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just migrated from Virgin to O2. So I called O2 to activate WiFi Calling and over 24 hours passed but still WiFi Calling sign on my mobile is not on all the time, rather intermittent. I tired all sorts of suggestions I saw on this forum; turn off my phone and back on, turn off the WiFi router and back on, take the SIM card out and put it back in, but still it doesn't work. Only time it seems to work is when I have my phone on flight mode with WiFi on but surely this isn't the way? I have Samsung A52s and only the other day there was system update. Can someone help me please?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6611 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

The default for WiFi Calling is for it to kick in only when the phone signal degrades

Go into the phones dialer settings and change WiFi Calling to WiFi Preferred an see what happens

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6611 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

The default for WiFi Calling is for it to kick in only when the phone signal degrades

Go into the phones dialer settings and change WiFi Calling to WiFi Preferred an see what happens

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

KHarris
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn't realise that. I've changed the setting to WiFi preferred and the sign seems to stay on. Hopefully this has solved my problem. Thank you

Message 3 of 4

KHarris
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

WiFi calling is definitely working now. I get texts easily ,too (one time passcode for online banking), which is great. I don't have to walk around the house in search for better reception. Thank you so much. 

Message 4 of 4