Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling Pixel 7 Pro

RogerAndersonUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have Pixel 7 Pro. WiFi calling is enabled (and does work) however it appears to only come on if I toggle Airplane mode on and off. It doesn't seem to automatically enable itself when signal is dropped (I just get 'no service')

This is particularly annoying as I get no phone reception in my house and therefore rely on WiFi calling a lot. Not had this issue on my last phone (OnePlus 7).

I posted about this on Google forum and they suggest I connected network operator so I have come here for advice. Anyone seen similar behaviour? Obviously having to toggle Airplane mode isn't really an acceptable long term solution. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mine has been rock solid since March. Don't even think about it anymore. Connects every time I'm in the house with poor signal now. 

Message 51 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Which is a massive relief as it was a royal pain in the a**e when it didn't! 

Message 52 of 60

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37281 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Great news, @RogerAndersonUK - as it should be, now: a service that "just works"! 👍

Message 53 of 60

benjnicholls
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lost my WiFi calling again 😭. Presume that the new version of Android that arrived today broke it.

Anyone else having problems?

Message 54 of 60

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10678 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3100 Solutions

Working fine on my Pixel Fold with the QPR 2 Beta @benjnicholls 

Not seen any reports on the Pixel Forums about any breaks to WiFi Calling, this isn't Samsung 🤣🤣

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 55 of 60

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7629 Posts
  • 146 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@benjnicholls 

No but I haven't had One UI 6 on either of my handsets as yet. 

Message 56 of 60

RogerAndersonUK
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's been playing up on mine recently too. Oceasionally I can get it back by flicking airplane mode on and off again. But annoying as it worked fine since June.

Message 57 of 60

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7629 Posts
  • 146 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@RogerAndersonUK 

Have you tried restarting your handset ? 

Message 58 of 60

Mapzilla_dv
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also having issues no getting wi-fi calling after the latest Android update. I am on Pixel6 Pro, used to work, although annoyingly had to turn aeroplane mode on and then wi-fi on. But not I can't get any wi-fi calling. Not sure if it's o2 or device? 

Message 59 of 60

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37281 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Mapzilla_dv wrote:

I am also having issues no getting wi-fi calling after the latest Android update. I am on Pixel6 Pro, used to work, although annoyingly had to turn aeroplane mode on and then wi-fi on. But not I can't get any wi-fi calling. Not sure if it's o2 or device? 

Steps here for Google phones, @Mapzilla_dv - just to be sure nothing has been missed:

Google

First you'll need to add Wifi and 4G Calling to your account. To do this sign in to My O2, go to Device details and tap Wifi and 4G Calling.

Once your new services are added to your account, follow the instructions below to enable Wifi and 4G Calling.

1. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced > Wifi Calling > make sure Wifi Calling is toggled on. To switch off Wifi Calling set the toggle to off.

2. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > make sure 4G Calling is toggled on. To switch off 4GCalling set the toggle to off.

From: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling#google-setup

Message 60 of 60